Real Madrid (H) - Tue 26th April, 20:00 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread | Team news (pg 67)

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ederson

Stones Dias Laporte Zinchenko

Rodri

De Bruyne Bernardo Silva

Jesus Grealish
Foden

But anyone who followed Spanish football would know that Atletico started turning their season around with the second leg at Manchester United and that's when they started playing like the old Atletico and have only lost 2 games since (1 being us).

So they wouldn't be surprised that Atletico were tough vs. us.

Anyone who watched the PSG games knows Real were completely outplayed for 90% of the tie. Anyone who watched the Chelsea games saw how Chelsea cut through them almost at will in both legs and only comedy finishing at Stamford Bridge cost them. The clasico was an anomaly because he tried to play Modric as a striker, but they've been terrible.

Most fans who watched Chelsea in April/May last season convinced themselves (wrongly) that Chelsea were shit and that the only thing that Pep had to do in Porto was to play their favourite first XI. The result was an orgy of stupidity on here after the final, including posts suggesting Pep deserved to be fired!

For the record, I think City are better than Real, but not because Real are shit (they are good, obviously!), but because this City team is capable of truly great performances.

Most fans who watched Chelsea in April/May last season convinced themselves (wrongly) that Chelsea were shit and that the only thing that Pep had to do in Porto was to play their favourite first XI. The result was an orgy of stupidity on here after the final, including posts suggesting Pep deserved to be fired!

For the record, I think City are better than Real, but not because Real are shit (they are good, obviously!), but because this City team is capable of truly great performances.

This is the worst Real Madrid side in 12 years.

If you want to say that still makes them a good side, fine. I'll call them a shit Real Madrid side.

But anyone who followed Spanish football would know that Atletico started turning their season around with the second leg at Manchester United and that's when they started playing like the old Atletico and have only lost 2 games since (1 being us).

So they wouldn't be surprised that Atletico were tough vs. us.

Anyone who watched the PSG games knows Real were completely outplayed for 90% of the tie. Anyone who watched the Chelsea games saw how Chelsea cut through them almost at will in both legs and only comedy finishing at Stamford Bridge cost them. The clasico was an anomaly because he tried to play Modric as a striker, but they've been terrible.

Spanish journalists are openly admitting they're a 2 man team - Benzema and Courtois- with occasional big moments from Modric. They know this is a bad Real Madrid side, and yet you refuse to accept it.

I’ll look forward to our 5-0 win tonight then.

Definitely going to be Jesus RW with a big chance of no proper RB he's work rate would be important

This is the worst Real Madrid side in 12 years.

If you want to say that still makes them a good side, fine. I'll call them a shit Real Madrid side.
Personally I’d call them a fucking difficult side to beat, this is a very close tie. Not sure I would presume to have the ability to measure different/evolving sides over a 12 year period, but I guess some other posters are just really fucking clever geniuses

Hopefully Walker or Stones will be fit to play at right back.

If not, very few (decent) options. I suppose Dias, maybe, but a big risk, especially given how little he's played. Can't really see Ake or Zinchenko playing there. Fernandinho might have done it a few years back, but surely not now?

Otherwise, back 3, maybe

-----------------Ederson--------------
----------Dias---Laporte---Ake------
---------Rodri----Gundogan/Fern------
Sterling--De Bruyne--Bernardo--Foden
------------------Jesus--------------------

Kill them with pressing, don't let them attack ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.