Real Madrid (H) - Wed 17th April, 20:00 | CL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ortega has n't let us down , but Ederson's distribution is a lot better and I think Pep will start Ederson.

Ed hits fifty yard passes straight to the feet of his target man, right out on the touchline, or centrally. Not every midfielder can do that, even the good ones. And there is not one keeper in the world who can do it. He can also stop shots pretty well too. Stefan's been absolutely great for us, but he's up against a kind of monster.
Ed has to be played. Especially against Real.

Stop vin Jr and Rodrygo and you stop Madrid

Would play walker and tell him not to get ahead of the ball, need some help with rodri. Ortega is the better shot stopper and is more consistent overall.

Ortega

Walker stones dias gvardiol

Silva Rodri

Kdb foden grealish

Haaland

IF It was just another game, I would reward Doku with another start

But its not, so I think its better to start Grealish even though its 99% he will not score or assist but he will 99% do the following :

1- Attract Madrid players and create space for his team mates
2- Keeps the ball well
3- Reward us with few free kicks + possible yellow cards to Madrid players

Hard to see Gvardiol being left out.
There’s several that don’t deserve to be on the bench, but considering Madrid’s pace, and Akanji’s form for the majority of the season, I think it’s even harder to see Manu being left out. If Dias wasn’t the leader/glue at the back, I think it’d be nailed on Dias gets benched for Akanji. But Anfield might have scared Pep into not doing that again, as Dias was dropped for that one, due to them having a lot of pace - like Madrid. So it’s whether Pep thinks “I’d do the same again, no regrets” or if he thinks “nah, fuck that.”

Akanji can’t not be on the pitch imo. Think he either plays instead of Dias or at left back.
If KDB and Foden play central Ake or Akanji should play LB, both are better positionally and in one on ones than Gvardiol. We don't need our LCB overlapping or underlapping, Real are a counter attacking team, their best option is to play through the flanks, if we can nullify that, I think we win comfortably.

Can anyone confirm if Madrid have sold all 3 tiers or have City been given level 1 & 2 again?
I’m guessing the biggest club in the world have been unable to sell 3,000 tickets and sent 50% back (as usual)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.