Real Madrid (H) - Wed 17th April, 20:00 | CL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of the most confident I have felt in predicting a line up

Ederson (assume playing today means he’s back first choice)
Walker (this is a guess)
Stones
Dias
Gvardiol
Rodri
KDB
Foden
Bernardo
Grealish
Haaland

I felt today at the end when we have a front 6 that Pep knew who wasn’t starting Wed.

Kov
Nunes
Gomez
Alvarez
Bobb
Doku

No doubt be wrong, Akanji will probably be in there somewhere but you could feel the plan.

--------------Ederson
Akanji---Dias---Gvardiol---Ake
--------------Rodri
---------Bernardo--Foden
Bobb---Haaland----Grealish

Big calls for Pep to make ahead of Wednesday night with Bernie, Foden, Jack, KDB all being fit.

Will one drop out in place of Kovacic?

Will Ortega be back as No.1?
I’d say it’s 95% certain Ederson will start
Gvardiol has earned the left back spot as much as I love Ake
I’d also play Walker if he is fit enough, it’s maybe harsh but I’d drop Dias out as I think his lack of pace is a potential weakness versus the Madrid counter.

----------------Ederson
Walker---Stones---Akanji---Gvardiol
-------------------Rodri
---------De Bruyne--Foden
Bernardo---Haaland----Grealish

----------------Ederson
Walker----Akanji---Gvardiol
---------Stones-----Rodri
--------De Bruyne--Foden
Bernardo---Haaland----Grealish

Loud and proud blues!

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Akanji
Ake
Rodir
Kovacic
Bernardo
Kdb
Foden
Haaland.

Not an easy choice for once. Had this conversation elsewhere but I feel kovacic has to play for balance, we are a man too top heavy if he doesn't imo. Bernardo could play central instead but i think the role he does locking down that right hand side stopping the supply to vinicius is vital.

In defence is where the other questions lie. if walker is fit, he plays, but that needs to be solely a medical decision, none of this letting the player decide stuff, walker is the type who wont be honest with himself or the side and will declare himself fit if asked. Not only could it end his season, it puts the side at a disadvantage if we have to use a permitted sub to replace him early on.

Akanji has been out best defender recently, he has to play on form and his pace is very valuable. For me it's at the expense of Dias primarily because Dias is a card away from suspension should we make it to the next round, who knows who might be available for that, him possibly getting booked and being unavailable for the first leg could be huge if there's other injuries.

Incredibly harsh on Gvardiol replacing him with Ake. I wouldn't be at all disappointed to see Gvardiol keep his place but Ake just edges it on previous performances for me if he's fully fit, plus he's a little bit faster and all pace is valuable against these. If they're not available to start and Dias and gvardiol play, I've no worries with that.

Would leave us with a strong bench for once which could prove vital. If all goes to plan we see a repeat of last season and we absolutely blitz them but it's probably a tad unrealistic to expect that, they're a very good team. Control the game, limit their threat keep probing for chances and they'll come as they tire, fresh legs off the bench and the prospect of extra time if needed should see us gain the advantage the longer the game remains even should we be unable to take a lead. It's crucial we aren't chasing the game, chasing it against these pace merchants would be a disaster.

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Akanji
Ake
Rodir
Kovacic
Bernardo
Kdb
Foden
Haaland.

Not an easy choice for once. Had this conversation elsewhere but I feel kovacic has to play for balance, we are a man too top heavy if he doesn't imo. Bernardo could play central instead but i think the role he does locking down that right hand side stopping the supply to vinicius is vital.

In defence is where the other questions lie. if walker is fit, he plays, but that needs to be solely a medical decision, none of this letting the player decide stuff, walker is the type who wont be honest with himself or the side and will declare himself fit if asked. Not only could it end his season, it puts the side at a disadvantage if we have to use a permitted sub to replace him early on.

Akanji has been out best defender recently, he has to play on form and his pace is very valuable. For me it's at the expense of Dias primarily because Dias is a card away from suspension should we make it to the next round, who knows who might be available for that, him possibly getting booked and being unavailable for the first leg could be huge if there's other injuries.

Incredibly harsh on Gvardiol replacing him with Ake. I wouldn't be at all disappointed to see Gvardiol keep his place but Ake just edges it on previous performances for me if he's fully fit, plus he's a little bit faster and all pace is valuable against these. If they're not available to start and Dias and gvardiol play, I've no worries with that.

Would leave us with a strong bench for once which could prove vital. If all goes to plan we see a repeat of last season and we absolutely blitz them but it's probably a tad unrealistic to expect that, they're a very good team. Control the game, limit their threat keep probing for chances and they'll come as they tire, fresh legs off the bench and the prospect of extra time if needed should see us gain the advantage the longer the game remains even should we be unable to take a lead. It's crucial we aren't chasing the game, chasing it against these pace merchants would be a disaster.

If Kovacic does start it won't be Grealish getting dropped, far too important for control of the game.

If Kovacic starts, one of Foden or Kev will give way, that's why I don't think he'll start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.