Real Madrid (H) - Wed 17th April, 20:00 | CL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No team has won or come close to winning 4 PLs on the trot
How many English teams have reached 4 consecutive CL semi finals and possibly 3 finals in 4 seasons?

What we are doing is beyond almost anything previously experienced?

Why?

Because football players are human and not robots. It takes really really special people to go for this long, showing this level of desire and application, to compete over and over again with little sign of any significant drop
And frankly, luck. There are so many things that we can’t control - bad calls, good calls for other teams, freak injuries. Not to diminish what we have done but I still think how everything had to line up last year - let alone the last few - is a miraculous.

No team has won or come close to winning 4 PLs on the trot
How many English teams have reached 4 consecutive CL semi finals and possibly 3 finals in 4 seasons?

What we are doing is beyond almost anything previously experienced?

Why?

Because football players are human and not robots. It takes really really special people to go for this long, showing this level of desire and application, to compete over and over again with little sign of any significant drop

But until we return to the shit days, will we ever, who knows, hopefully not, we now as a club will see it as a failure for not to finish in a CL position, have a run in the FA Cup and CL surely?

Rag :)

Seriously, they are much better, it's nonsense to compare them to United, especially in the CL...
Quality wise far better, tactically they don't Have much against top teams but counter attack and relying on individual brilliance.

I just watched the match again, and honestly, not that worried. The first 55-60 min, they were dangerous, but all the chances they created except for one came from a bad pass or mistake in our own half or very close to. If we lose the ball there, it is our mistake and we will always be 3v3 or something like that in that area. Once we managed that, they didn't have any clear chance (Valverde's goal is just a great goal, not a clear chance).

I know people will think that we lost the ball because they pressed a lot and well, but I don't think they did. I genuinely think most our players had a bad day and maybe a little nervous. Their press is not as intense as Arsenal, Liverpool or Tottenham, and we didn't lose the ball against them that much.

I really think we are huge favorites, but it is Madrid, and with them you just never know.

Last edited:
I would imagine our only change will be De Bruyne for Kovacic so we look to pin them in and really go at them. Make it so difficult for them to release the pressure again and put anything together on the counter. It's a different side to last season, without a focal point like Benzema to play off it could be even harder for them to get out. In Bellingham they have someone who can carry it out of danger but I'd imagine Rodri just parks himself on him to stop that happening.

The way Vinicius and Rodrygo play slightly more central this year, I wonder if we'll see Akanji ahead of Dias with Stones pushed into midfield for extra numbers and Walker covering so we have more pace to deal with their counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.