Real Madrid (H) - Wed 17th April, 20:00 | CL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot understand, (maybe I'm being thick), but when Pep describes it as being incredible that we are there, what does he mean?

I mean I get what he is saying, but he didn't expect us to be in a relegation battle did he?

Surely he also knew we'd go far in the cups, or is it more the fact we have had major injuries this season, or we have done well considering who we signed to replace those that went out the door last summer, I'm just not clicking into this we are there chat he says week in week out.

What am I missing?

Great press conference from Pep, Spanish reporter, you scared of them? Pep, respect them but not scared of them. Kyle decision later after training. Bernardo confirming the hangover from the treble season in November/December, but sounds like the guys are after breaking some records again.

nailed on to start in my opinion

It's not the juggling of the ball that will decide if he starts. A full out sprint against Vinicious might recur that hamstring, unless it's fully recovered. We did pretty well in the first game. I will be delighted if he has fully recovered but imo we shouldn't gamble if he's still got an issue. Hopefully there's many more games this season where Walker can make an important contribution, even if he doesn't make this one.

I cannot understand, (maybe I'm being thick), but when Pep describes it as being incredible that we are there, what does he mean?

I mean I get what he is saying, but he didn't expect us to be in a relegation battle did he?

Surely he also knew we'd go far in the cups, or is it more the fact we have had major injuries this season, or we have done well considering who we signed to replace those that went out the door last summer, I'm just not clicking into this we are there chat he says week in week out.

What am I missing?
Think it's just his way of saying that he's spent long enough around top sides to know that it's not usually possible to keep going year on year on year on year like we have. One in every three seasons is usually a bit off or underwhelming for whatever reason, and yet we're in April and still in a position where we could do a double treble and win four consecutive league titles.

What am I missing
because of the monumental achievement of last year and how the players are still hungry for success having won it all.

What am I missing?

The consistency, wait until Pep leaves and you’ll realise…

Chelsea final
Real Madrid semi (so close to going through)
Winners
Real Madrid qtr final looking to get through

That is a level of consistency that very few will ever match over 4 years

Imo Pep is playing things down and trying to tell everyone that City are the underdogs to take the pressure of us and pile it on Madrid.

What am I missing?
I think he’s talking more about the hunger and desire of the entire squad to ‘go again’ which is an under-rated facet of our team.

You just need to look at the drop-off Napoli have had this season after winning the league - struggling for any European football next season let alone challenging for the title.

We as fans, alongside the media and other teams fans can take it for granted what we do week in week out, and we shouldn’t. The culture of the club, the mentality of the manager, the players and the staff is incredible.

We absolutely achieve what we think we should achieve in the main - eg we are the best team in the CL group and we win it comfortably (but look at united - bottom when realistically they should be finishing second in that group).

As soon as we hit the knock outs there are no guarantees - we’re all confident that we’ll get the job finished tomorrow but real could put us out without doubt if we aren’t on it or fortune is against us.

The bottom line is that this group of players is incredibly special, roll on tomorrow evening!

I actually think we'll win this but lose the fa cup semi. Too quick a turnaround from the Wednesday to the Saturday to put in a proper shift and with no doubt a significantly weaker team
Maybe but we could still have a very strong team out on Saturday

What am I missing?

No team has won or come close to winning 4 PLs on the trot
How many English teams have reached 4 consecutive CL semi finals and possibly 3 finals in 4 seasons?

What we are doing is beyond almost anything previously experienced?

Why?

Because football players are human and not robots. It takes really really special people to go for this long, showing this level of desire and application, to compete over and over again with little sign of any significant drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.