Real Madrid (H) - Wed 17th April, 20:00 | CL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think they'll have to beat us in 90 minutes to go through

Personally I think we'll win in the 90 minutes, but if it does go to ET then I just think we've got much more options from the bench

3-1 City, Haaland x2, Bernardo

Of the two, especially on current form/fitness, I would have Gvardiol over Walker. Josko’s confidence will be in the stratosphere right now and, as he is still young (and in his first season with us, which plays a part), that will have a huge positive impact on his play, which we will need tonight.

Walker on his day can obviously be incredibly helpful against RM’s tactics, particularly combating Vini Jr, as he showed last season, but I am not sure putting him on against the Brazilians as his first match minutes after a muscle injury related to running is a good idea, either for his fitness or for our defensive solidity.

I reckon Akanji can do another job against Vini Jr and/or Rodrygo, as he may not be as quick as Walker (who is, really), but he is also no slouch, and he is usually very good 1v1. He just needs to avoid making the same offside trap mistake he did in the first leg.

All of that said, Pep and co will obviously know far more about Walker’s relative fitness and whether his body can likely handle being thrown right back in to the thick of it after a layoff.

All I want to see is for us to be much more organised and resilient when defending their quick counters and decisive when playing out of the back.

I think we will create plenty of chances, as we did at the Bernabeu, given RM are not particularly good at low block defending or playing out of the high press. So, for me, tonight will be won or lost by Rodri, the back four, and Eddie.

Hopefully the best player in the world (and the second best player in the world ahead of him) have trademark brilliant games and we absolutely smash them as we did last year.

But, ultimately, I’d take a cagey 1-0 win and no injuries/suspensions right now, no questions asked.
Don’t think I could handle a 1-0 especially if we score early, I do expect quite a few goals tonight, whoever goes behind will have to go for it, leaving gaps at the back. I doubt we will get anything like last years first half, but if we do oh my what a night it will be.

Ederson
Walker, Dias, Akanji
Stones, Rodri
Bernardo, De Bruyne, Grealish
Foden, Haaland

Gvardiol or Walker, and Ake or Akanji, the only real questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.