Real Madrid (H) - Wed 17th May, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just had a really bad thought. If we don't go through, Chelsea will for 90 minutes be singing champions of Europe, you'll never sing that.
I just hope that when we become champions of Europe we don't sing that because it's fuckin' cringe worthy and embarrassing.

There's gonna be a lot of day trippers, neutrals and possibly even Real Madrid fans at this game in the City end. It means we will need to do more to make an atmosphere (well done City) but its 100% required in this game. I know Real aren't amazing now, but they weren't last season either and this is in their DNA to rise to the occasion. We have to push the lads through, i think it will be tight game tbh.
It's a joke. I went away to Madrid, have done 7 home games this season and missed out. All so tourists can rinse out the club shop.

Just listening to a podcast about the Madrid game. I was reminded about the shocking referee and how he failed to protect our players. I know the ref has let us down previously, Madrid last year comes to mind.

Anyway, anyone know who the ref is tomorrow and what he’s like?

It's a joke. I went away to Madrid, have done 7 home games this season and missed out. All so tourists can rinse out the club shop.
I don't mind having availability for fans who've never been, otherwise it would just be the same fans every single game. But this Real Madrid game was obviously going to be ticket tout heaven, the club fucked up big time and there will be LOADS of non-blues and experience merchants there.

I’m not sure where all this concern about tiredness comes in , they are all highly trained athletes physically and mentally tuned to the highest degree ,they are professionals, they are up for it !!
There are no weak links , a Captain who leads by example, they are a team of team players,
I’ve followed City since 1956.
Seen them come and go , this is our time !!View attachment 79277
We love a bit of "Tiredness" on here.

It's about concentration and discipline. Real Madrid have all the tricks in the book. Not just dirty tricks, they have an excellent versatility to their play which means they're unpredictable and always dangerous. The craft of Kroos, Modric and Benzema means they can always make something happen. Sometimes they play it short, sometimes they go long. They have corner and free kick routines which they switch to when an opportunity arises. We have to ensure we are fully focussed and expect the unexpected.

The home game last season we swarmed them. Courtois then looked to go long and we won the second balls and should have been 3-0 up. But then we started to let errors and complacency creep in. Ederson nearly got closed down and played a shocker of a ball out. We didn't win the second ball. Mahrez didn't want the ball more than Modric and then Zinchenko didn't do enough to stop Benzema getting ahead of him.

Ferny stepped in and beat Vinicius to the ball and lays it on a plate for Foden. Moments later he tries to do the same but Vinicius sells him and is off. No one tries to stop him. We get two goals ahead then Laporte jumps for a header and flaps his arm in the air for a penalty.

Any mistake, any lack of composure and they punish you. We're the better team, but those errors can creep in under pressure. At 0-0 in the 2nd leg they start to push forwards. Gundogan calmly gets us through the press and Bernardo is away, if drops to Mahrez and 1-0. Same again, this time to Zinny who releases Grealish and because he's falling he goes for goal rather than squaring to Foden and it's cleared. Moments later he works another chance which is saved brilliantly by Courtois. They start piling players forward, we start dropping deeper. Foden and Cancelo both switch off, Benzema moves into space gets it across the goal and it's 1-1. The back 4 start standing on the 6yard line in a row, they pepper the box, another cross and it's 2-1. Moments later they nearly win it in normal time.

Composure when they chase the game is key. We can't sit back and look to defend it. We have to look to capitalise on the space they leave. With Haaland in the side we have the player to do that and we're in much better shape from the experience of last year and being at home. This is it. The game of the season now. At home the boys will be ready and we get the job done. 3-1 City.

Expecting us to roar out to an early 2-0 lead like the last time, but we'll have learned from our mistakes so it won't become a basketball game like the last time. Vinicius will score early in the 2nd half to throw a cat amongst the pigeons but Phil will seal it late.

Then I wake up, get dressed and go to work, unless...
Great news. Saved me a job of watching it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.