Real Madrid (H) - Wed 17th May, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've woken up feeling absolutely sick, breakfast isn't sitting well and absolutely no work is getting done.

We've done the hard part by weathing the storm in madrid. Now we're at our home, and we're gonna go in for the kill.

Very occasionally I get a good or bad feeling before a game. I knew we would win at Newcastle when Yaya scored, knew we would beat the rags when Vinnie scored, knew we would win at Brighton to win the league. Brentford this season worried me and of course I always think we will lose at Spurs. Today we are not losing and whilst we may have to ride our luck we will be defeat Madrid (only caveat being that we keep 11 players on the pitch). Saw an interesting quote from Ancelotti yesterday when he said 'We know it's very likely that Man City will score in the first few minutes'. They are very worried about us and what we can do to them so expect lots of diving, time wasting etc in the first 20 minutes as they try to quieten the crowd and not let us build any momentum. We have to be patient and eventually our time will come.

giphy.webp

Very occasionally I get a good or bad feeling before a game. I knew we would win at Newcastle when Yaya scored, knew we would beat the rags when Vinnie scored, knew we would win at Brighton to win the league. Brentford this season worried me and of course I always think we will lose at Spurs. Today we are not losing and whilst we may have to ride our luck we will be defeat Madrid (only caveat being that we keep 11 players on the pitch). Saw an interesting quote from Ancelotti yesterday when he said 'We know it's very likely that Man City will score in the first few minutes'. They are very worried about us and what we can do to them so expect lots of diving, time wasting etc in the first 20 minutes as they try to quieten the crowd and not let us build any momentum. We have to be patient and eventually our time will come.
That “we know it’s very likely that City score in the first few minutes” quote is just mind games. If we score early, the message is that they’re not phased by it as they expected it. And if we don’t score early, they are trying to put doubt in our mind, trying to suggest that they are doing better than they expected and that we should be worried that we missed our opportunity etc. I don’t think our team gets embroiled in those mind games, but that’s what Ancelotti is doing when he says that.

That “we know it’s very likely that City score in the first few minutes” quote is just mind games. If we score early, the message is that they’re not phased by it as they expected it. And if we don’t score early, they are trying to put doubt in our mind, trying to suggest that they are doing better than they expected and that we should be worried that we missed our opportunity etc. I don’t think our team gets embroiled in those mind games, but that’s what Ancelotti is doing when he says that.
Let’s just smash them, no way do we want a repeat of last year. I don’t think I can take yet another cruel exit in this competition. I say it every year, but it feels like this the year and if not now, it will be never.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.