Real Madrid (H) - Wed 17th May, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that we're almost certainly going to win the league has lifted a huge psychological burden from me and I hope the players too.

Whatever happens tommorow Im proud of our season, the CL would be the icing on top but rarely does the best team in Europe win it. CL is something spiritual, almost as if its pre-written, the team with the best storyline wins it and at this moment we have the best stars.

Feels like a night for Phil Foden. Go and write history Our Kid.

Last edited:
I want to start Mahrez. Can't explain why. But I want to.

He's a match winner at this level and has done it time and time again for us. Sets up the 1st last season. Scores what should have been the winner in the Bernabeu. Goes off, and whilst Grealish has a couple of chances we really lose that ability to hold the ball and counter. A pivotal moment in hindsight.

I think we'll see Bernie start wide right again, but first change should be Bernie into the middle for De Bruyne or Gundogan when they start to fade and Mahrez wide right. He thrives in Europe and on these occasions. Phil is excellent too, but Mahrez can keep the ball under any amount of pressure and whether we need a goal or to see the game out he is a man we can rely on.

Watched the Scousers game on Sky yesterday. I wish City had a tuneful song like their Firmino one which lasts forever but without getting boring unlike that horrid Yid Army chant from those Cockneys. Maybe time for some new songs tomorrow.
Bernardooooooooooo

The fact that we're almost certainly going to win the league has lifted a huge psychological burden from me and I hope the players too.

Whatever happens tommorow Im proud of our season, the CL would be the icing on top but rarely does the best team in Europe win it. CL is something spiritual, almost as if its pre-written, the team with the best storyline wins it and at this moment we have the best stars.

Feels like a night for Phil Foden.

That's largely because the media hype things up and find little stories. Real rising from the dead repeatedly being one last season. An underdog getting their way through and little things like that. It's not often the best team, because it's a cup competition. Real know how to win it, they believe they always will win it and they have the attitude that they will not fail.

The sub plot is for City to avenge last year and make the final. We're excellent at home and as good as Real were last season in fighting back, they didn't have to go away in a 2nd leg. They won at Anfield and Stamford Bridge this time around, which is impressive but the Etihad is one of the hardest places in Europe to go and this time they've got to face the 2nd leg here. Anfield might be raucous and full of history but 30,000 blues and 20,000 tourists waving plastic flags and singing about Pablo Zabaleta. Those Real players don't have a chance.

That's largely because the media hype things up and find little stories. Real rising from the dead repeatedly being one last season. An underdog getting their way through and little things like that. It's not often the best team, because it's a cup competition. Real know how to win it, they believe they always will win it and they have the attitude that they will not fail.

The sub plot is for City to avenge last year and make the final. We're excellent at home and as good as Real were last season in fighting back, they didn't have to go away in a 2nd leg. They won at Anfield and Stamford Bridge this time around, which is impressive but the Etihad is one of the hardest places in Europe to go and this time they've got to face the 2nd leg here. Anfield might be raucous and full of history but 30,000 blues and 20,000 tourists waving plastic flags and singing about Pablo Zabaleta. Those Real players don't have a chance.
Ay im looking foward to it, think we'll win.

Walker------Dias--------Stones---------Laporte
Rodri
De Bruyne-------Gundogan
Foden----------Haaland-------------Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.