Real Madrid post match post mortem

Oddly I have just posted I want them again to pass all over Eudiger. But I do know what you mean, be lovely yo get a Benfica or Porto etc
We've played them 6 times in the last 3 seasons.
They've only won one of these games but have qualified from 2 out of the 3 two legged ties. We have won more games but can't seem to get the ties over the line.

Big games like v utd when Vinny scored that winner, or when he scored against Leicester, I had terrible migraines with stress and with defeats, sometimes, in the past I have had trouble getting off to sleep with over thinking but never have I not got out of bed due to losing hahaha. You’re right of course, we don’t lose that often now but if you’re an older City fan, you’re surely used to defeats from the days of old, we know that crap feeling doesn’t go away, whether we are Champions of Europe or in Division Two;)
Yep I'm nearly 40 I remember those terrible times like yesterday ha.

You lot must have been watching a shite stream. I was watching on paramount and they pointed some of these out. A good sequence of fouls called on us were from their players over exaggerating or fabricating fouls. There was a foul called for carvajal where he clutches his face and we were no where near his face. This ref bought their play acting. There was a corner not given that their keeper pushed out of play. There was a goal kick given that did not go out of play near the end of regular time when our players kept it in, but the ref was quick to call it for them. These are just a few that come to mind, but there were more.

Maybe we didn't have our finishing boots on, but this ref overall has not been good for us in the past. He's not strong enough.

He kept calling play stoppages that kept breaking up our movement forward. For a game of this magnitude you need a strong ref. Two years ago he couldn't control their play acting and time wasting when we tried to go forward.

Don't underestimate a history clubs' ability to manipulate games in their favour, and refs being influenced by them.
i was watching the TNT broadcast. Yes there was play acting from Carvajal etc but the ref didnt fall for it in terms of fouls. He let them have treatment; there isnt much else he can do. Head injuries like Bellingham were dealt with fairly.

I’m not sure what else to say to you to calm your fervent paranoia. The decisions were all fair i thought. He poo pood any diving and let play continue and booked everyone who deserved it from cynical fouls on both sides

I was suspicious at the time with Ancelotti having a pre match conversation with the ref

So no English clubs left in Semi finals....Not a big fan of Jose but he was right when he said;

‘The Premier League and the internal competitions create a very difficult situation for the clubs,’ Mourinho said. ‘Other countries care a lot about the Champions League. In this country the Premier League will always come in front. The institutions that lead the competitions make it very clear.

‘The institutions do not give you that little protection which can be crucial — 24 hours more, 48 hours more, to rest and prepare.’

Didn't RM have 9 or 10 days off ?

So no English clubs left in Semi finals....Not a big fan of Jose but he was right when he said;

‘The Premier League and the internal competitions create a very difficult situation for the clubs,’ Mourinho said. ‘Other countries care a lot about the Champions League. In this country the Premier League will always come in front. The institutions that lead the competitions make it very clear.

‘The institutions do not give you that little protection which can be crucial — 24 hours more, 48 hours more, to rest and prepare.’

Didn't RM have 9 or 10 days off ?
No, they played at Mallorca on the Saturday before at 6.30pm

I WAS ACCUSED OF BEING A MADRID FAN BY FELLOW CITY FAN - thoughts.

I am mixed-race, and I live down south with my mum (but I moved to Manchester for uni) and my dad/granddad are blues so I of course follow them.

At the game, the guy next to me asked if “I was a city or Madrid fan” which I said silly question. He then asked me where I live and I said fallowfield. This p*ssed me off.
BUT 5 minutes later after telling him I’m a blue he has the cheek to ask how much I paid for the ticket…I got it through the 5-ucl game rule from the club fair and square and I didn’t get it through for resellers..never have.
I know the tourist stuff is a mess but is he bang out of order for making me feel like a fake fan? I know I don’t look like a local but I’ve supported this club all my life (21 years)!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.