Real Madrid post match post mortem

I WAS ACCUSED OF BEING A MADRID FAN BY FELLOW CITY FAN - thoughts.

I am mixed-race, and I live down south with my mum (but I moved to Manchester for uni) and my dad/granddad are blues so I of course follow them.

At the game, the guy next to me asked if “I was a city or Madrid fan” which I said silly question. He then asked me where I live and I said fallowfield. This p*ssed me off.
BUT 5 minutes later after telling him I’m a blue he has the cheek to ask how much I paid for the ticket…I got it through the 5-ucl game rule from the club fair and square and I didn’t get it through for resellers..never have.
I know the tourist stuff is a mess but is he bang out of order for making me feel like a fake fan? I know I don’t look like a local but I’ve supported this club all my life (21 years)!!
He was bang out of order AND a nosy twat.

I am mixed-race, and I live down south with my mum (but I moved to Manchester for uni) and my dad/granddad are blues so I of course follow them.

At the game, the guy next to me asked if “I was a city or Madrid fan” which I said silly question. He then asked me where I live and I said fallowfield. This p*ssed me off.
BUT 5 minutes later after telling him I’m a blue he has the cheek to ask how much I paid for the ticket…I got it through the 5-ucl game rule from the club fair and square and I didn’t get it through for resellers..never have.
I know the tourist stuff is a mess but is he bang out of order for making me feel like a fake fan? I know I don’t look like a local but I’ve supported this club all my life (21 years)!!

Fucking hell mate you took your time to.post didn't you, first one in eight years lol.

Sounds like a knob (correct spelling).

You should have told him you're a very young looking 30 year old and you were on your Dad's shoulders at York away so unless he was there too he can do one.

The big plus has to be how Jezzer was taking them apart at times. Josko is clearly going to be world class. Erling really needs to be given a chance to heal. Kyle is still the best right back in the world. Akanji is a great squad player. Rodders is the best dm in the world. Kevin needs to be treated better. Phil, another who player with an injury.
To me, we need to buy Davies and Frimpong. If we can buying Adeyemi and those two, then it will be a superb transfer window.

Uck em!

It's very difficult to tell, but in hindsight I think Pep made a mistake vs Palace by not resting Rodri and not giving him the chance to be completely fresh vs Real away.

It's not simply that Rodri wasn't at his best in midfield, but that he didn't contribute to our attack as much as he could. Normally, he contributes more to the attack. He bossed the midfield in the 2nd leg but wasn't sharp enough to contribute more to the attack. We didn't need him vs Palace that much and he wasn't his real self there anyway.

If Pep repeats that mistake vs Chelsea, it might be the difference between winning and losing the league. Running Rodri in the ground cost us the CL final in Porto. This shouldn't happen again.

Last edited:
My biggest annoyance is with the club. The home end was full of people in Madrid gear, me and 6 others were kicked out of the ground before the game started because of a scuffle with a few of them. I wasn't even involved, just shoved somebody who pushed into me as I was talking to my brother. And surprise surprise, the only people kicked out were blues. The Madrid lot were allowed to go on their merry way.
Only time in my life I've been kicked out of a footie match
Rag

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by a blue to a fellow blue, obviously got social problems.

City weren't great, last year team came firing, giving Madrid no space to breathe. This year City played too slow. When it got to pens I knew Madrid would go through. Big disappointment, Gündogan and Mahrez left big void that has not been filled.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.