Real Madrid post match post mortem

I feel he would've scored a penalty though.
Probably but he has not been at the races this season and pep was justified in making the sub. Hopefully we iron out the service issue to him and he figures out what he needs to do better also.

Teams dropping so deep has fucked our plans. We got away with it last season up until nearly the end with big Erling but now it’s ridiculous that every single team from Luton to Madrid just sit deep and transition successfully against us. We need to tweak something for next season or recruit a different type of player.

Anyway, yea he would of scored.

I think Ancelotti wins it from here but would prefer Dortmund or PSG to German rags or Real.

also hard to see us exiting against any other team in QF. this was the hardest draw to get. Barca defence would have been murdered by us. probably Dortmund too etc.

They won’t care mate,they won but I agree with everything you say that fucking ref as well hope he gets hounded relentlessly and is forced to retire like the Chelsea fans did with Anders Frisk ..
The ref wasn't to blame mate, we have had much worse. Pep is a brilliant manager but a cant understand why him and his coaching staff don't prepare better for penalties. It's a big oversight imo.

Best team lost, but breaking down a 10 man defence has been kryptonite all season.

Didn’t start playing until they scored, but from then on we dominated…but without making the difference AGAIN.

Had chances to win it but didn’t take them. You’d have put money on KDB and Foden getting those shots on target and at least one of them going in, but wasn’t to be.

Lads were dead on their feet at the end, so can’t complain about effort, but the one thing I can complain about is the complete lack of taking shots from outside the box. Even with a crowded box, you have the chance of a bad deflection and, if nothing else, you force them to come out a bit and open up some space to work on every now and then.

Not going to complain. Played our best team and we couldn’t break them down. EVERYONE could see who the best team was, but life doesn’t care, because its goals that matter and we don’t take our chances, few and far in between though they were.

The less said about the two pens the better!

When Eddie saved their first, I was ecstatic, because he never saves them. But clearly Lunin was in on the joke for Bernie’s Panenka and Kova telegraphed his side, and the keeper almost dived over it!

Now it’s time to recover and go again on Saturday. In tomorrow for massage & cryo & treatment, then walk through on Friday before heading south, then put out best team available for Saturday. Even our subs have the ability to beat Chelsea, but there are no easy games come March and this is a key challenge!

Brighton is a Thursday game, so worry about that AFTER Saturday, and after 3 days off!

Still have the chance to make history by doing back to back Doubles, but can Pep and the Captains lift the team?

Men, it’s time to step forward.
Brighton with a few injuries to key players. Could be the difference.

There was a clear tactic to put the corners onto the keepers line - clearly something picked up on the analysis… was disappointing as we clearly didn’t capitalise on so many corners
After the 8th corner of it not working -do you reckon there was a plan b? What about after the 12th? Our freekicks and corners are fucking diabolical (for the amount we have) and have been since pep arrived.

The crowd was flat at the start. After last year I think many thought it was going to be easy. Before we knew it we're 1-0.down and up against it. No idea what those bin bags on sticks represented, a major fail.
Big decision to be made on Haaland close season for me. He doesn't do enough or fit our style and has been worked out.
After last season, teams aren't giving Haaland any space whatsoever. They have at least two CB's all over him & he's struggled with the better quality defenders in the PL who're wise to the danger he presents.

It's a conundrum for Pep to resolve, & I'm sure he'll find a way. The question is, if not Haaland, then whom else?

If Erling's name was Danny Ings, on this season's form I doubt he'd have started. He's been totally ineffective over 180 minutes against Real this season.

Last edited:
The ref wasn't to blame mate, we have had much worse. Pep is a brilliant manager but a cant understand why him and his coaching staff don't prepare better for penalties. It's a big oversight imo.
How would you prepare with a goalie that almost never saves a penalty? Pep knows its a waste of time

After the 8th corner of it not working -do you reckon there was a plan b? What about after the 12th? Our freekicks and corners are fucking diabolical (for the amount we have) and have been since pep arrived.
They did vary it a little KDB was definitely trying the one we scored at Anfield a couple of times

But generally I agree they were pants

I was surprised that we seemed to stop having long range attempts from outside the area which brought us so much success last week as well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.