Real Madrid post match post mortem

After last season, teams aren't giving Haaland any space whatsoever. They have at least two CB's all over him & he's struggled with the better quality defenders in the PL who're wise to the danger he presents.

It's a conundrum for Pep to resolve, & I'm sure he'll find a way. The question is, if not Haaland, then whom else?

If Erling's name was Danny Ings, on this season's form I doubt he'd have started. He's been totally ineffective over 180 minutes against Real this season.

Yes it's tough for him and tough for us. The lad had a great first season and helped win us the treble so he's been a great signing. Top scorer this season but where does he/us go from here? He just doesn't seem to have the skill or power to create anything himself like Sergio did, nor the movement. There aren't many top strikers out there but at the moment it's just not working.

Bernadoo was put off by the delay with the ball going into the Madrid fans, not giving it back and no replacement ball...That rattled him, his train of thought was not there and not focused. Without that I doubt he would of took such a penalty...Very similar to Alcarez v Djokovic last year in the Wimbledon final with the crowd against Novak and an unusual loss of composure just like Bernado tonight. Very disappointed...
Madrid fans? It’s the family stand

I left as soon as Silva fucked that pen up

Knew then we were out

Fuming with him so I had to leave. A professional with the skill he has to do that, sorry it pisses me off.

There no excuse as I see it now, I might calm down but right now I cannot even sleep

The Boys in Blue didn't give in. They fought to the very end. They fought like Trojans to the very end. They were magnificent. I'm not doing the usual about the media and the officials simply because frankly I do not for one minute care about any of them.

All I care about is those City Players and the fans. Thank you City, thank you lads, thank you fans. All three were magnificent. City for playing the encouraging music. The players for their absolutely 200% dedication (I know it should be 100% but those players left blood, sweat and tears on that pitch tonight). (Actually last night now!!) :-) The fans for the noise they made, the singing the chanting the intimidation. You were wonderful.
It's 12.50am and I have just arrived home so obviously I am not going to read every post in this thread tonight. I might read it tomorrow because I am sure that there will be some naysayers and that's fine. It is their opinion and they are entitled to it as I am entitled to mine.
I love this team and this club as I think most of you already know. Tonight has just enhanced that feeling, I want to go to the training ground tomorrow and give every single one of those players a motherly comforting hug because they will be gutted.

Once again I say well done lads, you played well, it just wasn't to be. There is still a double to fight for and we will fight for that I am sure.

I'm off to bed in a few minutes, I have a doctor's appointment at 9.00 in the morning for a few things including my BP so I need to bring it back down before then!! *lol*
Night everyone. Sleep well and remember: 'Always look on the bright side of life' da da du du'

Last edited:
After last season, teams aren't giving Haaland any space whatsoever. They have at least two CB's all over him & he's struggled with the better quality defenders in the PL who're wise to the danger he presents.

It's a conundrum for Pep to resolve, & I'm sure he'll find a way. The question is, if not Haaland, then whom else?

If Erling's name was Danny Ings, on this season's form I doubt he'd have started. He's been totally ineffective over 180 minutes against Real this season.
Erling is too nice he’s need to start kicking these defenders get angry take a booking stop being a pussy cat and fight for the ball he’s too easy to defend against

I left as soon as Silva fucked that pen up

Knew then we were out

Fuming with him so I had to leave. A professional with the skill he has to do that, sorry it pisses me off.

There no excuse as I see it now, I might calm down but right now I cannot even sleep
I feel ya pain but alot of players go down the middle and most are successful. For some reason the keeper just knew.
I love a penalty slammed in the corner like Kane or Mbappe, none of this soft shit.

We've were in the 99% club for donkeys years, aka the also rans.

We've been amongst the 1% clubs these last few years, amongst the clubs that win prizes. And we've won the biggest prizes.

We've been very lucky and so fortunate in recent years and I've been a hell of a lot happier following City in recent years than i ever thought possible.

And as much pain as we've suffered in getting to where we are, Mount Everest tops the Mariana Trench every fuckin' time!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.