Real Madrid Vs Manchester City CL In Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ovo said:
bobmcfc said:
We are playing smart, sometimes you have to size up your opponent instead of going in all hyper charged like a kamikaze pilot.

Absolutely. Some people don't understand that though.
I was fine with the sitting back attitude, but in the opening 25 mins I think we kept the ball for more than 5 passes less than 5 times. That's what was worrying.

We got ourselves into a counter attacking rhythm towards the end, which is both promising and dangerous.

Nasri's runs in behind will be missed unless we get Aguero in there. Couple of times he beat Marcelo and should've been found, and Silva was the wrong player on the end of that Yaya run. I hope that hamstring doesn't keep him out too long.

Our defense really needs to be more composed on the ball. We couldn't do anything the first 20 minutes, because none of them were confident enough to make good, forward passes up to the midfielders.

Can't believe anyone is upset at this stage, though. We did struggle starting out, but by the end of the half we proved that we also carry a threat and started coming together defensively too.

Amazing to think Benitez wanted to offload Alonso to replace him with Barry. Love Barry but the difference in class is pretty obvious.

1st half

Joe Hart 10 pts

Gael Clichy 5 pts

Maicon 0 pts

Vincent Kompany 8 pts

Matija Nastasic 6 pts

David Silva 0 pts

Gareth Barry 4 pts

Samir Nasri 0 pts

Yaya Touré 9 pts

Javi García 6 pts

Carlos Tavez 0 pts

Kolarov 0 pts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.