Real Madrid Vs Manchester City CL Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Silva on the right, RM may consider playing Kolarov on the left side of midfield with Clichy behind. Not sure if Sinclair is ready yet for 80,000 fans screaming obsenities at him.

Kolarov was talking about he will stop CR well I hope Clichy will start and not Kolarov. Dont trust him against an average fast PL winger and CR is not an average one.

Wouldnt try the 352 tactics we arent that good in that to try it again in such a big match.

Prefer Agüero now as Ramos&Pepe are very fast defenders without pace our goals could come only from set pieces.

.....Garcia...Yaya
Silva................Nasri
..........Tevez
.......Agüero

Something like this. The defence for me is Zabba-Kompany-Lescott-Clichy.

As we cant get clean sheets this year doubt we wont concede tomorrow so we have to score goal or goals to reach at least a draw.

Very hard match would be very bad to start the group with a loss but maybe this is the one match we can afford to lose but that instantly raises the risk for next matches. As we finish with the Dortmund away (another 80.000 stadium and probably the match will decode about ours and their's fate) match it is better be if we dont lose tomorrow.

I fancy us to get something out of this game. I think it will be quite tight but they are not having the best run of form & we are capable of getting a result there if we play well.

There has been a lot of debate about whether to attack or sit back and counter attack. In my view they want to counter attack so I wouldn't give them that pleasure. This is one game where I wouldn't play both Silva and Nasri. I actually think there is a case for Kolarov in front of Clichy and have Samir on the bench. Zab ahead of Maicon for me and I originally thought Edin up front. I still think he can damage their defense with his height and power. Reading mourinhos comments they are going to come at us with everything in the first half hour like they did against Barca recently in the super cup where they could have scored 5 in the first half.

Good luck guys it's a mighty challenge. If anything is going to shake the lads out of their lethargy it's this game.

526459_Manchester_City.jpg

This is how I think we will setup.

Why people on here are saying Clichy has to play to cover Ronaldo I don't know, Ronaldo plays on the left, so it is Zaba he will come up against. Zaba is our best defensive right back if you ask me, Maicon looks short of something from what I saw at Stoke so for me Zaba to come in.

I really don't think we can throw Sergio straight in after being out for a month, packing the mdfeld is my preferred option with Tevez leading the way.

526470_Real_Madrid_C_F_.jpg

This is how I think Madrid will set up, Higuain to be dropped as his tiredness from playing in the internationals definately showed against Sevilla, the only problem with Madrid playing Benzema is that I dont think he has scored since May.

I am not too sure with Ozil as playing Modric may offer a more experienced role as he has played against us numerous times, Ozil seems to be a faourite under Mourinho from what I have seen though. di Maria had a bit of a shocker against Sevilla in my opinion but I still think he will start this game as he offers lots of pace. Ronaldo is a no brainer.

For me, Madrid's main weakeness is at right back, so putting Silva on that side can expolit that. Kolarov is a question mark, do we play him over Clichy?? I don't know. Clichy is a better defender than Kolarov, but Kolarov has a better cross and can offer a great free kick, something Mancini might possibly look at to get a goal.

Madrid have two great options for left back but with Marcello playing on Saturday, I see Contrao coming in for this.

Free Kicks and corners are our biggest chance of getting a result. Seen them play against Seville and they struggled top cope we've a massive squad and should be able to trouble them. Got to look at the 2 squads and we ain't a million miles away if they didn't have Ronaldo (I know they have) I'd say we'd have the better starting 11 or pretty close.

Real lost his game playing against 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1. So will be stupid to play on 3-5-2.

I think that Aguero will start on the bench.

Edin should start, 4-2-3-1, with Nasri, Tevez and Silva behind Dzeko. Yaya and Javi like DM and defence with Kolarov!

clarion said:
Edin should start, 4-2-3-1, with Nasri, Tevez and Silva behind Dzeko. Yaya and Javi like DM and defence with Kolarov!

I agree with this, although I would put barry on instead of nasri and push yaya forward with kolarov and maicon crossing it in for edin and yaya to run onto with silva and tevez collecting and putting in rebounds and putting each other through if the opportunity arises...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.