Real Madrid Vs Manchester City CL Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
blue b4 the moon said:
Rather than go for the 0-0 deep defence option which I think Bob will go for I'd rather we took the game to them. They were caught cold on Saturday and attack is our best form of defence.
I'm going for an optimistic 3-1....and a lie down.;)
So you think we will score? The only way that will happen is if he brings on Dzeko before the 90th minute. Incidentally, can somebody please remind me why Panti failed to make the bench at Stoke. Was he ill, perhaps?

varun0042 said:
Sevilla scored the goal on a corner - real have serious issues at defending set pieces - however the corner was a consequence of a mistake from casillas in the first place - and sevilla never really took the game to madrid - it was more about absorbing the pressure and retaliating - which should be what city also should look at rather than going for broke, which in my opinion plays into real's hands and their game plan.

+1

Real Madrid players with full of egos are mentally fragile. They become really frustrated if they are pressed, tightly marked and defended. Patience is the key when playing Madrid.

Because Mou rarely rotates, the key players have been tired physically, more crucial to them, mentally. They have not had proper time to recover from a long year of playing emotionally charged league matches, Euros, Olympics & WC qualifications. We have a chance now to defeat them.

I don't think we can take the Bayern vs Madrid match as an example.

Yes, Bayern was able to stop the Madrid's pressing game and were able to push madrid back into their own half. But this was successful at Allianz arena, but not at Bernabeau.

It was succesful at Allianz due to the front line pushing more onto Madrid's half and also due to the play of the Bayern midfielders who were quick to start counters and thus forcing certain real players to sit back. But what really helped Bayern is that Real Madrid had to play Barcelona 2 days before in the second leg and it took a lot out of Madrid mentally and physically - (Bayern was able to rest their entire squad and did that even before the first leg - Real had to play 4 critical matches in league and CL in a span of 11 days).

If you saw the match at Bernabeau, bayern tried the same strategy and failed miserably in the first 20 mins. Real scored two goals in no time - both by ronaldo. This forced bayern to sit back and the fact that Madrid's players were running short of energy (Mou doesn't rotate his players in crucial games - so their best XI had bayern away, barca away, and bayern home in a span of 8 days) helped them further.

The fact remains that their midfielders are way too gud and quick at finding the open man and exploiting spaces - and though they have lost twice in the league i don't expect their players to be less motivated or tired so early in the season and will be gunning for a much improved performance - so its better to sit back and counter. (Note : even last year real had 2-3 matches early in the season were they showed a similar dip in form)

If we sit back we will lose, if we have a go at them we will probably lose - but are also more likely to win. Roll the fucking dice I say!

varun0042 said:
I don't think we can take the Bayern vs Madrid match as an example.

Yes, Bayern was able to stop the Madrid's pressing game and were able to push madrid back into their own half. But this was successful at Allianz arena, but not at Bernabeau.

It was succesful at Allianz due to the front line pushing more onto Madrid's half and also due to the play of the Bayern midfielders who were quick to start counters and thus forcing certain real players to sit back. But what really helped Bayern is that Real Madrid had to play Barcelona 2 days before in the second leg and it took a lot out of Madrid mentally and physically - (Bayern was able to rest their entire squad and did that even before the first leg - Real had to play 4 critical matches in league and CL in a span of 11 days).

If you saw the match at Bernabeau, bayern tried the same strategy and failed miserably in the first 20 mins. Real scored two goals in no time - both by ronaldo. This forced bayern to sit back and the fact that Madrid's players were running short of energy (Mou doesn't rotate his players in crucial games - so their best XI had bayern away, barca away, and bayern home in a span of 8 days) helped them further.

The fact remains that their midfielders are way too gud and quick at finding the open man and exploiting spaces - and though they have lost twice in the league i don't expect their players to be less motivated or tired so early in the season and will be gunning for a much improved performance - so its better to sit back and counter. (Note : even last year real had 2-3 matches early in the season were they showed a similar dip in form)

I don't know what team you are talking about.
Did you watch their match against Sevilla last week? Madrid's midfield was completely run over. Our midfield is superior the way they are playing at the moment.

Show we're up for it and play Yaya high supporting two strikers, bet Madrid are expecting us to play defensive, and there defence is poor. Will be concerned if we sit back all game and invite them to attack.

A good result here will kick start our season and set us up nicely for Arsenal.

With Aguero:

526287_Manchester_City.jpg

If Serg isn't fit:

526290_Manchester_City.jpg

Might seem bizarre to include Sinclair, but I think his pace could be useful. I think we will often play on the counter, given how much space Madrid leave at the back when going forward. He will be useful getting back to help out, especially if Ronaldo is on a run.

I think Yaya can cause them problems going forward, so I'd prefer him behind Tevez. We'd have a bench of Dzeko, Aguero, Balotelli, Nasri, Kolarov, Nastasic, Maicon, Milner to choose from!

We could put out 4 or 5 different sides that would be better than most. We really do have a fantastic squad.

markbmcfc said:
With Aguero:

526287_Manchester_City.jpg

If Serg isn't fit:

526290_Manchester_City.jpg

Might seem bizarre to include Sinclair, but I think his pace could be useful. I think we will often play on the counter, given how much space Madrid leave at the back when going forward. He will be useful getting back to help out, especially if Ronaldo is on a run.

I think Yaya can cause them problems going forward, so I'd prefer him behind Tevez. We'd have a bench of Dzeko, Aguero, Balotelli, Nasri, Kolarov, Nastasic, Maicon, Milner to choose from!

We could put out 4 or 5 different sides that would be better than most. We really do have a fantastic squad.

I like those two, but would for both of them place Silva on the left side and play Milner on the right wing. We really need his work ethics and stamina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.