Real Madrid Vs Manchester City CL Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is all this talk of losing and being humilated?seriously thats absurd in my opinion,it aint a final and our lads aint no joke of a team that they will go their and forget playing football.

I am very much confident for a positives result tonight,and God forbid if we cant manage it,it certainly wont be the end of the world.We all dreamed of watching city play Real or Barca so its time to sit back and enjoy the occasions,i m sure city wont let us down.

I'm not nervous just now but if after 10 minutes it appears that we are parking the bus it'll be squeaky bum time. We definitely need to go out there and have a go at them, this is the one match in the group I wouldn't be too bothered if we lost as long as we gave them a good game. If you offered me 0-0 I'd snap your hand off but would be a bit gutted for the Blues that made it over to the game, they deserve goals!

Defo start Balotelli tonight, he gave Ramos all sorts of problems in the Euro's and played well against Stoke. Also a lot of people do not give him enough credit for the amount of free kicks he wins us, he is a very clever player and when he gets in the right postion he draws a foul in and with our height I can see us being deadly from set pieces. Another reason to start Mario is the fact he hates Mourinho I know they had beef at Inter and a lot of people see to assume its the fact Mario can be an idiot at time but if i remember correctly it all stemmed from when Mario who was 18/19 at the time got racially abused and Mourinho did not defend Mario. In fact Mourinho played down the whole issue and it seemed like he was justifying the abuse. Anyway I just think Mario would love to bag the winner tonight and can see him playing a blinder.

Balotelli doesn't really hate Mou now. He even said sometime earlier that he made mistakes in his career and Mou was a great manager. But anyways agree with you - i also think Mario should start upfront.

Just looking forward to the occasion and the prospect of City being involved in what should be an intriguing match between two of the most technically gifted sides in Europe.

Summerbuzz said:
Just looking forward to the occasion and the prospect of City being involved in what should be an intriguing match between two of the most technically gifted sides in Europe.

you may be disappointed. two injured are better than a dead man. real madrid and City have more interest in not losing than winning tonight.

jollylescott said:
There has been a lot of debate about whether to attack or sit back and counter attack. In my view they want to counter attack so I wouldn't give them that pleasure. This is one game where I wouldn't play both Silva and Nasri. I actually think there is a case for Kolarov in front of Clichy and have Samir on the bench. Zab ahead of Maicon for me and I originally thought Edin up front. I still think he can damage their defense with his height and power. Reading mourinhos comments they are going to come at us with everything in the first half hour like they did against Barca recently in the super cup where they could have scored 5 in the first half.

Good luck guys it's a mighty challenge. If anything is going to shake the lads out of their lethargy it's this game.

I am inclined to agree with you: we shouldn't play both Silva and Nasri. Madrid is fast and physical. Our attacking side is too small with Silva, Nasri and Tevez, and Aguero if he starts.

You heard it here first ;-)

527290_Manchester_City.jpg

cordonbleu said:
jollylescott said:
There has been a lot of debate about whether to attack or sit back and counter attack. In my view they want to counter attack so I wouldn't give them that pleasure. This is one game where I wouldn't play both Silva and Nasri. I actually think there is a case for Kolarov in front of Clichy and have Samir on the bench. Zab ahead of Maicon for me and I originally thought Edin up front. I still think he can damage their defense with his height and power. Reading mourinhos comments they are going to come at us with everything in the first half hour like they did against Barca recently in the super cup where they could have scored 5 in the first half.

Good luck guys it's a mighty challenge. If anything is going to shake the lads out of their lethargy it's this game.

I am inclined to agree with you: we shouldn't play both Silva and Nasri. Madrid is fast and physical. Our attacking side is too small with Silva, Nasri and Tevez, and Aguero if he starts.

I agree with both these posts. Got to be the Zabman for his versatility and ability to do just out about any job that Mancini has asked him to do, and his ability to fight for the cause. I don't think there will be any parking of the bus, more attacking and counterattacking by both sides, until there is goals to defend. Mourinho and Mancini have past rivalries and both will want to get one over on the other. The Bernebeau is their 12th man. Come on CITY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.