Real Madrid Vs Manchester City CL Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
alextheswede said:
I CANNOT F***ING WAIT!

All i want is for us to do is to put on a great performance, I won't mind if we lose then, if we play shit and then lose i'll be pissed.

Pretty optimistic but i'm going for a high scoring game.

Real Madrid 2 - Manchester City 3

That sits well with me that scoreline. I will put a couple of bob on that.

sam-caddick said:
526459_Manchester_City.jpg

This is how I think we will setup.

Why people on here are saying Clichy has to play to cover Ronaldo I don't know, Ronaldo plays on the left, so it is Zaba he will come up against. Zaba is our best defensive right back if you ask me, Maicon looks short of something from what I saw at Stoke so for me Zaba to come in.

I really don't think we can throw Sergio straight in after being out for a month, packing the mdfeld is my preferred option with Tevez leading the way.

526470_Real_Madrid_C_F_.jpg

This is how I think Madrid will set up, Higuain to be dropped as his tiredness from playing in the internationals definately showed against Sevilla, the only problem with Madrid playing Benzema is that I dont think he has scored since May.

I am not too sure with Ozil as playing Modric may offer a more experienced role as he has played against us numerous times, Ozil seems to be a faourite under Mourinho from what I have seen though. di Maria had a bit of a shocker against Sevilla in my opinion but I still think he will start this game as he offers lots of pace. Ronaldo is a no brainer.

For me, Madrid's main weakeness is at right back, so putting Silva on that side can expolit that. Kolarov is a question mark, do we play him over Clichy?? I don't know. Clichy is a better defender than Kolarov, but Kolarov has a better cross and can offer a great free kick, something Mancini might possibly look at to get a goal.

Madrid have two great options for left back but with Marcello playing on Saturday, I see Contrao coming in for this.

-----------------------------------------------

Agree with you on most of the playing XI. However not sure about Nasri - RM could play Dzeko tomorrow. I think City need a better physical presence upfront to support Tevez and thus might play Dzeko since real have two very speedy and physical central defenders.

Also i don't think Real will play Ozil tomorrow. Unlike what you said Mou has shown a preference for Modric over Ozil since his arrival and i can see him starting over Ozil (i'm pretty sure he didn't start Modric against sevilla since he had this match n his mind).

However, there is a gud chance that both might play considering that Di Maria hasn't been playing that well lately : Mou might use an 4-3-2-1 or his favoured 4-3-3 formation (with Modric in the middle and Ozil replacing Di Maria on the right - Ozil has played this position for real madrid - mostly cutting inside from the right).

I think there is more chance of seeing your 2nd formation with Dzeko upfront. It suits more against Madrid and their style i feel. The first one would be suicidal with Kolarov and Maicon playing further up the field - both aren't good at tracking back speedy wingers (remember Maicon against Bale - and that was 2yrs back and he only got older) and it doesn't get bigger than Ronaldo and Di Maria/Ozil (Ozil might be played on the wing replacing Di Maria to accomodate Modric).

Real Madrid's defenders can hardly cope with the likes of pacey and trickery players like Nasri, Silva, Tevez, and Kun, but they'll definitely handle the likes of big target man like Dzeko/Balotelli quite comfortably imo.

Mind games?

Jose predicts City success
Real boss praises Mancini and says European glory will come

Jose Mourinho believes Manchester City are on course to win the UEFA Champions League if they continue developing at their current rate.

City have steadily improved since Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al-Nahyan bought the club in 2008 and Mourinho sees parallels with Chelsea.
Mourinho had a successful spell in charge at Stamford Bridge but is now at the helm of Real Madrid, preparing for a tough Champions League clash against Roberto Mancini's City.

He said: "I don't think it is very different to Chelsea.

"Since Roman bought the club, (Claudio) Ranieri was the first coach, then I came and we won the first league, some cups and some more titles.

"Carlo (Ancelotti) then came and they continued to win and finally they won the Champions League.

"I don't know if it is this season or next season with Roberto, or with another person in the future, but normally in the direction the club is going, sooner or later they will win the big cup."
Jose Mourinho
Quotes of the week
"With City it started off with Mark Hughes, they started spending money and buying good players.

"Then Roberto (Mancini) came and he has done a very good job. He has created a great squad, the first cup then the first title arrived.

"I don't know if it is this season or next season with Roberto, or with another person in the future, but normally in the direction the club is going, sooner or later they will win the big cup."

Together

Real have started their own domestic campaign poorly, winning just once in their first four league matches, but Mourinho insists he will not make wholesale changes despite questioning some of his players' commitment after Saturday's 1-0 loss to Sevilla.
"The line-up will not be very different, nor will I try to show any player that they are not in the best condition," he said. "It will be the best that I consider to play against opposition full of players of the highest level.

"I don't believe I have created doubts. The principal person responsible is me. When my teams win, we win together, and when we lose, I am the one responsible.

"Before losing to Sevilla I said to the players what I then said in the press conference. For this reason it is not a criticism but a conviction. I said it to them before the game.

"Football is about today and tomorrow, not yesterday. Yesterday is history. I haven't been able to keep my players motivated and concentrated at the top level and that is my fault."

I feel we have a amazing chance to win especially since their moral is down. The key battle will be in the midfield and I would choose ours over Madrid any day. Sucks I have to be at work when it comes on :( whyyyyyyyyyyy do I have to be an adult!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.