Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

Joe Hart & Yaya were on a different level to everyone else from our team.

Nastasic was good tonight.

Massive performances all round- proud of the lads.

I am very optimistic that we can make it out of this group- and this gives me hope that we could get a result in the home leg against Madrid.

I'm sure we will bounce back against Arsenal

CTID

tommybooth said:
the boys done well.

Erm, we lost. Nil points. We should be doing well. We are reigning champions of what is supposedly the toughest league in the world! Doing well would have resulted in us getting at least a point from the game. I think we sat too deep and when we took the game to them we gave THEM something to worry about. Feel we should have been more positive earlier in the game to putthem on the back foot.

Gaylord du Bois said:
Stoned Rose said:
Extremely pleased, even in defeat.

Got in the ring with the biggest boys and made them work like fuck to beat us.

We have to remember we were at the Bernabeu playing the 2nd best team in the world on their turf. They had to bring on two class players to finally beat us. Not many teams will get anything there and we so very nearly did. Shows how far we've come.

Thought Nastasic was very very impressive for such a young man on his debut in such a high profile game. Thought Clichy was a fucking animal throughout. Joe Hart has just shown why he's the best goalie in the world.

Realistically we wont face a better team than that in this competition. The hardest test is out of the way and we performed really well.

If we play to that level throughout we'll get through the group without a doubt.

well done blues I'm proud of you :)
Yep. I'll hang my hat here thankyou very much.

great post, great response, i'm with this also.

/logout

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Kompany all over the fucking shop once again.

At fault for first and third and can't continue.

The biggest elephant in the room this season.

Tevez and Yaya were phenomenal.

He has started this season in poor form let's hope he comes out of it quickly but yes for me it was him that cost us, every player has a dip on form just needs a quite word from Mancini he will be back just as good..

cleavers said:
Hart 8
Maicon 7
Kompany 5
Nastasic 7
Clichy 7
Garcia 5
Barry 6
Nasri 6
Toure 8
Silva 5
Tevez 5

Kolorov 6
Dzeko 7
Zabaleta 5

Hart 10
Maicon 3
Kompany 7
Nastasic 3
Clichy 7
Garcia 5
Barry 6
Nasri 0
Toure 9
Silva 0
Tevez 0

Kolorov 2
Dzeko 7
Zabaleta 0

Marvin said:
benzema's and ronaldo's goals were good goals. You've got to give them credit

12 months we were outclassed at Bayern. Today we pushed Real Madrid to the limit. And maybe we should have won with a bit of composure.

Going to be difficult to respond against Arsenal who could well be our strongest opponents in the Premiership
Ronaldo's goal was good?!

If Vinny stands up instead of ducking for fuck all reason then he blocks it. Poor shot, lucky outcome.

Absolutely gutted

Damocles said:
Bojinov The Bull said:
All played well? Is that a fucking joke? We were absolutely wank as a team, ive never seen us so bad at passing and so bad in possession, on another night they could have scored about 10 goals but our luck was in thank god.

All the way through that I said I dont mind us playing this shit if we get a point out of it but to be 2-1 up and roll over so easily AGAIN after managing to get ahead for the second time, they don't deserve credit.

If it wasn't for Toure we probably wouldn't have even created a chance tonight and that was only because he can run more than 2m with the ball!

FUCK im mad!!!!!!! FUCKING RONALDO has to score the winner as well so all the rag ***** won't shut the fuck up about "once a red, always a red".

This man was not at York away

Ha ha you know it, I'm glad half these fuckwits don't go the match

Proud of everyone of our players tonight. Gutted, yes.

Real Madrid were a different level. Pressing high up the pitch and pushing us so far back when they had possession-the very things we are able to do in the league at home. The goals felt inevitable once the energy sapped. Garcia and Barry were so deep at the end that we were inviting them to shoot.

Our mistakes came from the pressure they created-the last 2 goals were products of the previous 88 minutes. This was the best team we have played.

Tonight showed that we are getting closer and we can be immensely proud.

TFC said:
While I appreciate the quality of the opposition, what the fuck is going on with our defence this season?

Need to decide who are our best back four are and stick with them - too many changes of both personnel and system so far. We need some continuity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.