Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

BLUEMATT23 said:
Bojinov The Bull said:
All played well? Is that a fucking joke? We were absolutely wank as a team, ive never seen us so bad at passing and so bad in possession, on another night they could have scored about 10 goals but our luck was in thank god.

All the way through that I said I dont mind us playing this shit if we get a point out of it but to be 2-1 up and roll over so easily AGAIN after managing to get ahead for the second time, they don't deserve credit.

If it wasn't for Toure we probably wouldn't have even created a chance tonight and that was only because he can run more than 2m with the ball!

FUCK im mad!!!!!!! FUCKING RONALDO has to score the winner as well so all the rag ***** won't shut the fuck up about "once a red, always a red".

Agreed

this, startling lack of ambition from some of our fans, I don't care what we were doing 14 years ago and how far we've come, tonight was all that mattered and we threw away 2 leads in the softest manner possible, not acceptable and I can't believe some fans are so throw away about one of the biggest and most dissappointing nights in our history.

Just when you thought we had banished "Typical City" it comes and bites us on the arse!

Why can't we close out games any more?

Thought RM had sorted the defence, but when it mattered it went AWOL!

Still, on a positive note, two away goals in Madrid could prove highly significant in the latter stages of the Group - especially if we can do 'em 1-nil at the Etihad (head to head matters in the CL iirc!)

Keep the faith and let's hoppe tonight's return of "Typical City" was just a one-off!

Disappointed in the end with the result but in all honesty it was always a big ask for us to win the game, At half time we had rode our luck and grew into the game, i thought Bobbie got his tactics done well and it looked as though it was going to pay off.

Plus points we the performances of Nasty who already looks as though he has the promise we were hoping for and Dzeko who took his goal very well.

We were unlucky to lose Nasri so early and i think this maybe affected our game plan.

I was surprised to see us line up with Miacon and Nasty in defence, just seemed odd to try this out at the Bernabeau. Especially given that Barry is not match fit as well.

Overall, dissapointed with the result but happy with the performance.

Keep the faith.

Marvin said:
benzema's and ronaldo's goals were good goals. You've got to give them credit

12 months we were outclassed at Bayern. Today we pushed Real Madrid to the limit. And maybe we should have won with a bit of composure.

Going to be difficult to respond against Arsenal who could well be our strongest opponents in the Premiership
if we conceded those goals in a more important game i would have broken my tv to pieces.

Sigster100 said:
tommybooth said:
the boys done well.

Erm, we lost. Nil points. We should be doing well. We are reigning champions of what is supposedly the toughest league in the world! Doing well would have resulted in us getting at least a point from the game. I think we sat too deep and when we took the game to them we gave THEM something to worry about. Feel we should have been more positive earlier in the game to putthem on the back foot.

There's a big difference between a team playing every year on the highest European level and us

Nastasic looked good. Might have done better to prevent the second but very composed overall - v impressive, for a 19 year old, amazing. First time him and Kompany played together, I think this might be a really strong partnership for the future.

Kompany had a great game as did all the defenders.

Collectively we should have kept the ball in the last 5 minutes. Instead Real Madrid had it and when Benzema or Ronaldo have it on the edge of the area you can concede.

Deserved to get beat but we went down with a fight. Really disappointed with the way we lost it though, why we let them have that much room I don 't know. Kompany had a shocker.
Did anyone think Natasjic was class?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.