Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

cleavers said:
Being realistic, and I haven't read the rest of the thread, we were well beaten over the game, we shouldn't have twice thrown away a lead, but we really should never have been ahead, it could have been 4-0 at half time.

Hart 8
Maicon 7
Kompany 5
Nastasic 7
Clichy 7
Garcia 5
Barry 6
Nasri 6
Toure 8
Silva 5
Tevez 5

Kolorov 6
Dzeko 7
Zabaleta 5

We badly need to improve our keeping of the ball at this level, it was very poor first half, improved in the second. We need to learn how to close a game out too, however we got in front we shouldn't have let it go twice.

Gutted to lose at Real Madrid, is something I never thought I'd feel.
I'd give Vincent 4 but agree with the rest.

We never had confidence in ourselves from the first kick off.

waspish said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Kompany all over the fucking shop once again.

At fault for first and third and can't continue.

The biggest elephant in the room this season.

Tevez and Yaya were phenomenal.

He has started this season in poor form let's hope he comes out of it quickly but yes for me it was him that cost us, every player has a dip on form just needs a quite word from Mancini he will be back just as good..

It's nothing different than last year. He was bad in first month of two last season too. Hope will be back soon as this is very bad.

joezilla said:
Marvin said:
benzema's and ronaldo's goals were good goals. You've got to give them credit

12 months we were outclassed at Bayern. Today we pushed Real Madrid to the limit. And maybe we should have won with a bit of composure.

Going to be difficult to respond against Arsenal who could well be our strongest opponents in the Premiership
if we conceded those goals in a more important game i would have broken my tv to pieces.

more important game?! it was Real Madrid away FFS!

THAT was why we wanted to be in CL. Spent nearly the whole game behind the sofa. Tevez was a beast tonight. God knows what Garcia was told to do he spent the whole night marking the D and never closed down the runners hence Marcelo and Twatface goals. A draw would have been a great result but bring on the German and Dutch champions - we can still do this!

Damocles said:
Bojinov The Bull said:
All played well? Is that a fucking joke? We were absolutely wank as a team, ive never seen us so bad at passing and so bad in possession, on another night they could have scored about 10 goals but our luck was in thank god.

All the way through that I said I dont mind us playing this shit if we get a point out of it but to be 2-1 up and roll over so easily AGAIN after managing to get ahead for the second time, they don't deserve credit.

If it wasn't for Toure we probably wouldn't have even created a chance tonight and that was only because he can run more than 2m with the ball!

FUCK im mad!!!!!!! FUCKING RONALDO has to score the winner as well so all the rag ***** won't shut the fuck up about "once a red, always a red".

This man was not at York away

I cant do the whole "lets compare ourselves to where we were 10 years ago" thing. Ye its brilliant how far we've come but thats been and gone now. If we are in the champions league then this is the opposition we need to be able to contend with and we can't, we were a million miles off Madrid tonight!

maurizio said:
Gutted. But why turn on our own players? can there be any more blue heroes in the last few years than zabba, vinnie and joe.
rags. There's a lot of them on here

Dortmund and madrid both nw have 3 points each and us and ajax nil each.

We will have to work very hard every game to make it out of this group.

We have the squad to do well in CL , just hope we dont have too many injuries to key players and we should be fine .... If chelsea can win it with THAT squad i have no doubt that with a little bit of luck we can win the CL !

Lulic Lazio said:
cleavers said:
Hart 8
Maicon 7
Kompany 5
Nastasic 7
Clichy 7
Garcia 5
Barry 6
Nasri 6
Toure 8
Silva 5
Tevez 5

Kolorov 6
Dzeko 7
Zabaleta 5

Hart 10
Maicon 3
Kompany 7
Nastasic 3
Clichy 7
Garcia 5
Barry 6
Nasri 0
Toure 9
Silva 0
Tevez 0

Kolorov 2
Dzeko 7
Zabaleta 0

Hart 10
Clichy 7
Kompany 6
Nastasic 7
Maicon 6
Garcia 6
Barry 6
Yaya Toure 8
Silva 6
Nasri 5
Tevez 8

Kolarov 7
Dzeko 7
Zabaleta 5

taconinja said:
MCC said:
Damocles said:
With all of the new fans around here fella, don't forget the immortal words of Noel Gallagher.

"We'll see things they'll never see"

Exactly. They have no idea.
I keep telling myself this is a project and we're progressing. Yes, that was punch in the gut. A hard one. I'm gonna go get my drunk on.

But I love these players. Played their hearts out. Should we have done better defensively? Yeah. Still proud of them.

Damn fucking right fella.

We didn't win the game. We weren't expected to. No club in the world goes to the Bernabeu and expects to win, even Barca, Munich, United, Milan, whoever.

But we're right at the top table now and tonight we shown that even in our early stages we can shit teams up.

A bit like Neo in the Matrix when he visits the Oracle. We aren't quite there yet. Almost, but not yet. We need a few cycles to go to Madrid and start twatting them. As I say, this is marker to the entire CL. We aren't just a vanity project and our fans aren't shy. Our club and our city is here to stay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.