Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

Why are people giving Silva low scores, he played very well in the 1st half - didn't do much in the 2nd half I know but 1st half looked creative

A lot of people need to realize that this is the Champions League, you don't win every game here. It doesn't matter how much you spend nor anything else, this is a league full of the best teams in Europe so anything can happen. We went there tonight and almost won, our downfall being awful defending but we scored 2 goals in a place the other 95% wouldn't score at, we are definitely heading in the right direction because we were there.

It's not a place where you think oh we lost so we obviously aren't in the big time, we are! It will be like this every year now where we may win some we may lose some and sometimes later in the knockout stages it will hurt even more!

This is what the Champions League is all about and we have to get used to the fact that sometimes we will lose, the quality of players on show can make anything happen and that's what happened tonight, they just simply put the ball in the net more times then we did in 90 minutes.

i♥city! said:
I think Mourinho outclassed bobby today . In the final minutes of the game Mou "copied" bobby's formation but he did it at the right time . Bobby started Silva and Nasri , Mou kept Ozil and Modric on the bench (RM's equivalent of Silva and Nasri) , Bobby pulled Silva and Nasri out , Mou sent Ozil and Modric in . I hate to say it but Mou is a little more tactical than bobby

Didn't Nasri go off injured?

And this Real Madrid has 8 points gap behind Barca already in September and is in crisis while the players "hate" Mourinho.

We couldnt say anything if they are up 3-0 in 60. minutes. Until that moment we were outclassed. Then Dzeko came in, Tevez could drop deeper which is his best position, we started to keep the ball a little bit but we had no right side, on the left Kolarov tried something but totally no right side. Not even with Maicon who is past it pretty much but no surprise he still can be good against average PL teams.

If our defence wont improve Arsenal also will score two times at least. They are in form.

urban genie said:
listening to some I think some were rather we were back playing in Rotherham or Wrexham, we have just been 3 mins from beating the second best team in europe at their place, and we lost the game in the end with defensive balls ups. I am proud of the lads today we will qualify

Exactly, people are trying to explain the unexplainable.

Unlike the past, we didn't lose because we were terrible. We lost because we were playing some oft he best 11 players in the world. No blame needs to go anywhere, individual brilliance garnered the goals. This is a foreign concept to City fans but one we must get used to. We can't win every game.

PistonBlue said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
BLUEMATT23 said:

this, startling lack of ambition from some of our fans, I don't care what we were doing 14 years ago and how far we've come, tonight was all that mattered and we threw away 2 leads in the softest manner possible, not acceptable and I can't believe some fans are so throw away about one of the biggest and most dissappointing nights in our history.

Fuck me mate, you must have been suicidal when we got relegated at Stoke. Get a grip man.

get a grip? biggest night on the European stage in god knows how long and we threw it away, that is very dissappointing such was the occassion and what was actually at stake, the Champions League is on a whole other level to Division 1 so getting all sentimental about the "good ol' days" is the only thing to get a grip off.

Did kompany duck for the bucktooth twats goal...just been asked of Mancini, what is he ment to say to that....ahhhh no, he slipped....

Damocles said:
PistonBlue said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
this, startling lack of ambition from some of our fans, I don't care what we were doing 14 years ago and how far we've come, tonight was all that mattered and we threw away 2 leads in the softest manner possible, not acceptable and I can't believe some fans are so throw away about one of the biggest and most dissappointing nights in our history.

Fuck me mate, you must have been suicidal when we got relegated at Stoke. Get a grip man.

New fans mate.

"We'll see things they'll never see".

You know what, people like you are worse than new fans! You stick your fingers in your ears and say, ohhh ive supported city since the 80's, look at how good we are now we cant possibly ever criticise the team ever again!!!!

Do you really never criticise this team purely because the likes of Toure, Kompany and Tevez are better than Terry Cook, Ian Brightwell and Lee Bradbury were??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.