Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

Thought Clichy was amazing today, shocked Garcia is getting slated too, his covering and tackling was invaluable.

I don't think any team in the world would expect to go to Madrid and win, but to win the CL you wouldn't even have to.

All this without one of our two game changing match winners.

Edin must start against Arsenal who could bet against a spurs repeat?

I think Mourinho outclassed bobby today . In the final minutes of the game Mou "copied" bobby's formation but he did it at the right time . Bobby started Silva and Nasri , Mou kept Ozil and Modric on the bench (RM's equivalent of Silva and Nasri) , Bobby pulled Silva and Nasri out , Mou sent Ozil and Modric in . I hate to say it but Mou is a little more tactical than bobby

listening to some I think some were rather we were back playing in Rotherham or Wrexham, we have just been 3 mins from beating the second best team in europe at their place, and we lost the game in the end with defensive balls ups. I am proud of the lads today we will qualify

I thought one of the biggest faults lies with Garcia and Barry tonight, both were poor and didn't do their jobs correctly.

bert's broken neck said:
Just when you thought we had banished "Typical City" it comes and bites us on the arse!

Why can't we close out games any more?

Thought RM had sorted the defence, but when it mattered it went AWOL!

Still, on a positive note, two away goals in Madrid could prove highly significant in the latter stages of the Group - especially if we can do 'em 1-nil at the Etihad (head to head matters in the CL iirc!)

Keep the faith and let's hoppe tonight's return of "Typical City" was just a one-off!

Were you sitting behind me in the North Stand against QPR in May? Some boring sod was saying Typical City about 100 times!

We lost to one of the best teams in the world tonight. Give your head a wobble.

One thing we didnt do what they do is press fucking hard and quick, jesus it was so hard to even get the ball past our half way line to our midfielders for over half the night, if we can apply that to half of the goons in our league with the quality we have we should never get beat.

Rode our luck in the first half.
Picked it up and played some magic football in the second half.
And then totally CAPITULATED with 5 minutes remaining.
Absolutely gutted - playing catch up again like last season.
I know that a lot of people on this forum don't appreciate him but what a difference Dzeko makes to the team - glad we didn't give him away like De Jong.
Too many defensive errors yet again.

brotherblue said:
Dortmund and madrid both nw have 3 points each and us and ajax nil each.

We will have to work very hard every game to make it out of this group.

We have the squad to do well in CL , just hope we dont have too many injuries to key players and we should be fine .... If chelsea can win it with THAT squad i have no doubt that with a little bit of luck we can win the CL !

Fully agree.

We need to chill a little. Real were better. We will learn.

Ultimately we couldn't/didn't deal with Madrid's relentless pressing and harrying of our players when in possession. We had a huge lesson tonight into how to press and control the game, we just need to learn, grow and progress as a team from the experience.

However, to echo some other posters, onwards and upwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.