Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

adrianr said:
Marvin said:
Kompany had a great game as did all the defenders.

Collectively we should have kept the ball in the last 5 minutes. Instead Real Madrid had it and when Benzema or Ronaldo have it on the edge of the area you can concede.

Sorry but the defence can't have had a great game if we'de conceded 3 goals. Someone fucked up somewhere.

Tis a strange thing to say when we conceded so many really clear goalscoring chances. Vinnie was very mixed tonight and is making mistakes he shouldnt be making.He knows he should have headed that ball and not left it to Joe.

Nasti looks like a player but he did give Benzema too much time for the 2nd goal and made another couple of poor mistakes which could have cost us.

But most of all, we were 2.1 up with maybe 10 minutes to go and lost!! Why the hell were we not defending with everyone.Ronaldo allowed a 1 on 1 !!! How the hell was that allowed to happen and even then why did the defender allow him onto his right foot. Absolute basics

Bojinov The Bull said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
BLUEMATT23 said:

this, startling lack of ambition from some of our fans, I don't care what we were doing 14 years ago and how far we've come, tonight was all that mattered and we threw away 2 leads in the softest manner possible, not acceptable and I can't believe some fans are so throw away about one of the biggest and most dissappointing nights in our history.

Well said!

He has started this season in poor form let's hope he comes out of it quickly but yes for me it was him that cost us, every player has a dip on form just needs a quite word from Mancini he will be back just as good..[/quote]

It's nothing different than last year. He was bad in first month of two last season too. Hope will be back soon as this is very bad.[/quote]

It feels bad but coming where we've come from in the last 5 years to run RM so bloody close away from home . . well it wasn't us at our shining best but it wasn't 'very bad' especially with maicon, nasty and garcia barely settled into the squad and aguero on the bench not match fit.
If we'd got the new players in earlier in the transfer window and if aguero hadn't been crocked in our first PL game then I think we'd be looking at a different start to the season.

I hate losing but I took a few positives from the game.

going to feel like shit for a while, maybe the rest of the day or a few days even, but in time will be very proud of this performance.

very, very raw right now though.

dzeko scored with his first chance :)

zeven said:
sam-caddick said:
At the end of the day we never deserved to win, we got batted for the most part but I do agree with Joe Hart's post match comments, you cannot lose a 2-1 lead with 5 mins to go.

I must say though, as much as I would of prefered us to hold the ball better, Mancini got tonight spot on - a few defensive mistakes cost us that's all.

3-2 loss at the Bernabeu is not bad at all, everyone must remember we are still on a learning curve.
Away goals count right?

Head to head I think.

Bojinov The Bull said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
BLUEMATT23 said:

this, startling lack of ambition from some of our fans, I don't care what we were doing 14 years ago and how far we've come, tonight was all that mattered and we threw away 2 leads in the softest manner possible, not acceptable and I can't believe some fans are so throw away about one of the biggest and most dissappointing nights in our history.

Well said!
Oh fuck me another one.

LoveCity said:
Dortmund are the Napoli of the group, those games are where we need to be at our best IMO. A win and draw against Dortmund and I think we'll go through as I can't see anyone getting even a point in Madrid.

I don't think 4 points would get us though ;-)

brotherblue said:
Dortmund and madrid both nw have 3 points each and us and ajax nil each.

We will have to work very hard every game to make it out of this group.

We have the squad to do well in CL , just hope we dont have too many injuries to key players and we should be fine .... If chelsea can win it with THAT squad i have no doubt that with a little bit of luck we can win the CL !

Dortmund is already must win. Lose that and we are in the shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.