Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

Sven's Fluffer said:
Whhoaaa.

Hang on a minute, did the tv journo just tell Mancini that Hart critised the team, and Mancini wasnt best pleased Jo? I didnt hear Hart critise anyone? Them journos bullshitting and stirring it up?

I heard that,Joe said he took the blame for the result and then the reporter said to Mancini that he blamed the team.

grim up north said:
bluebannana said:
lescott must be wondering what hes done wrong. Nastasic was good, but surely in a game of such magnitude he should have played.

Same with milner

We are a team of footballers and you want our 2 most limited footballers to play against Real Madrid
James Milner's perfoamance at Old Trafford was something missuing from the team tonight. Dedicated work rate and doing a job for the team on their dangerous players.

Lescott is our best centre half on present form and was on the bench.

mackenzie said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
mackenzie said:
Here's a thought; if you want to be the best in Europe then you need to defend a lead.
It ain't rocket science.
Exactly. No team has ever lost the lead when leading. It's in the record books and everyfin.

Sarcasm reigns.

Hart had it right tonight. Pity that some don't think the same.
Nope. Reality reigns Mac and we've just got a dose tonight.

If we sit back and reflect on the match then we couldn't begrudge RM the victory really.

There were lots of positives to take, for sure, but you can't really get past what Joe said to ITV at the end.

What we need to be careful of is not letting a rot set in now. We've not had a brilliant start to the season (not bad, either, by any means). But we are leaking goals which is unlike us.

I guess that all relates to changes of personnel and when they gel we'll be the better for it...but lets hope we don't lose too much ground in the Prem and CL whilst they do.

In short - who'd be a manager! Stick with the tried and tested and plan for the short term, or play the long game for a hopefully better future.

Personally, I think Mancini has earned our respect and I have to trust him implicitly, even if some of the things he does aren't quite what I'd like him to.

xzbit04 said:
I know we are all hurting, just imagine what we are feeling now X 100 wouldv'e been what the rags felt when Agueroooooo happened, the thought made me smile a little

I had that feeling from 83-2011 way too often :(

Mansour needs to invest another 250mil in this team. We need to get rid of Barry,Narsi,Rodwell types and continue getting Augeros.

jrb said:
TBH thought Silva has had mare tonight.

I don't think he had a mare. But he wasn't at his best and far from it. Likewise too many of his colleagues unfortunately. Ask yourself, who of our players had a great game? Answer, none of them. No wonder we lost when you think about it.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
PistonBlue said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
It's all relative, isn't it? what a huge win it could have been, what a huge statement in this new era for the club on the European stage and we didn't see it through, in a couple of years time, maybe not even that if we go through and do really well then it will lose its impact, but at the moment it's a big loss from being so close to a huge and momentous win, that's the context, it's unchartered territory for us, that's why it's so big. It's like that first title for so long, it means more.

The way I see it is the whole club needs to learn how to play in the CL. From the manager all the way down to the fans. In truth Madrid at times were on another level and they didn't even have their strongest team out there. Personally I don't expect us to even get close to winning the CL for another three seasons at least, even with further investment. So I see games like this as valuable experience, as was Napoli at home and Bayern away last year. The way we played the second half tonight was encouraging for me because until the 85th minute it went exactly to plan. They left gaps at the back and we exploited them. It all went tits up in the last five but we learn, we will learn from it.

I agree, I just found the mistakes a bit too fundamental, which was the most dissappointing thing, but if we bounce back, kick ourselves into gear after that tonight then we'll be better for it.

We're still not ready unless we want to do a Chelsea, and that takes a lot of luck.

Of course we're not ready, plus until we are in pot 1 we are going to keep having tough groups, but for me this experience just means we'll develop quicker as a unit into a team capable of winning games like this.

We can beat Madrid at home imo, but we must at the very least beat the other two at home and get something from them away.

grim up north said:
bluebannana said:
lescott must be wondering what hes done wrong. Nastasic was good, but surely in a game of such magnitude he should have played.

Same with milner

We are a team of footballers and you want our 2 most limited footballers to play against Real Madrid

Milner is a good defensive player and we needed more cover on the right against Marcelo and the Tranny.

danburge82 said:
grim up north said:
bluebannana said:

Same with milner

James Milner's perfoamance at Old Trafford was something missuing from the team tonight. Dedicated work rate and doing a job for the team on their dangerous players.

Lescott is our best centre half on present form and was on the bench.

good post mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.