Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

PistonBlue said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
PistonBlue said:
The way I see it is the whole club needs to learn how to play in the CL. From the manager all the way down to the fans. In truth Madrid at times were on another level and they didn't even have their strongest team out there. Personally I don't expect us to even get close to winning the CL for another three seasons at least, even with further investment. So I see games like this as valuable experience, as was Napoli at home and Bayern away last year. The way we played the second half tonight was encouraging for me because until the 85th minute it went exactly to plan. They left gaps at the back and we exploited them. It all went tits up in the last five but we learn, we will learn from it.

I agree, I just found the mistakes a bit too fundamental, which was the most dissappointing thing, but if we bounce back, kick ourselves into gear after that tonight then we'll be better for it.

We're still not ready unless we want to do a Chelsea, and that takes a lot of luck.

Of course we're not ready, plus until we are in pot 1 we are going to keep having tough groups, but for me this experience just means we'll develop quicker as a unit into a team capable of winning games like this.

We can beat Madrid at home imo, but we must at the very least beat the other two at home and get something from them away.

Agreed, but we have to play much better than we have been.

After this big CL losses the pressure and tension is very high. Last year it was Tevez affair "he never play for me again".

Players, managers say things no big deal.

Mourinho last week after the lost league match he said he has no team at the moment.

Then 3 days later they play like this.

Hope Mancini can motivate City players to play like Madrid against an in-form Arsenal on Sunday.

We won that fixture last year should win it against. But probably wont win it 1-0 agains like last time as our defence concedes between 1 and 3 always.

bluemoonmatt said:
Not happy with what I heard Bob just say

"I agree but I think Joe Hart should do his job, I can criticize the team, not Joe Hart"

pretty disrespectful, by and large Joe did his job and he's entitled to be pissed off. He was as harsh on himself as he was with anyone else, disappointed by Bob tonight, no need for that.

Not trying to disrespect bobby but i think he FAILED to do his job not Joe . Joe saved us from an embarrassing score line (Twice from Ronaldo , Higuain and then Ozil's late chance) . Why did he play Maicon ? A player who can only be compared to a slug and why on earth didn't he scream at the players to go back with just 8minutes to go ? This isn't the time for blame games and i am really disappointed at bobby for blaming Joe

I am not happy with the first half performance, not acceptable at all (26%), why?

even if the opponent is Real M. i am sure City has qualified and talented players and capable of playing more positive football.

The second half was better, but was not enough. we should have played our football

Yaya is out best player

nastasic debut at real in Champions league!
Certainly no doubting Mancini's bottle - or his faith in his new signings!

danburge82 said:
grim up north said:
bluebannana said:
lescott must be wondering what hes done wrong. Nastasic was good, but surely in a game of such magnitude he should have played.

Same with milner

We are a team of footballers and you want our 2 most limited footballers to play against Real Madrid
James Milner's perfoamance at Old Trafford was something missuing from the team tonight. Dedicated work rate and doing a job for the team on their dangerous players.

Lescott is our best centre half on present form and was on the bench.
Would you have Joleon as your first name on the sheet?

Zaba should have started imo. Save Maicon for the lesser teams that he can tear apart. We need a proper defender at right back tonight. Still not too fussed, thought the boys did well. % gaes now to get 10 points, bring it on.

Gaylord du Bois said:
mackenzie said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Exactly. No team has ever lost the lead when leading. It's in the record books and everyfin.

Sarcasm reigns.

Hart had it right tonight. Pity that some don't think the same.
Nope. Reality reigns Mac and we've just got a dose tonight.

I can agree with that, but we do need to step up a level and play more canny.

Fact is I am
Pretty sure we can but it's so frustrating when we lose concentration.

danburge82 said:
grim up north said:
bluebannana said:
lescott must be wondering what hes done wrong. Nastasic was good, but surely in a game of such magnitude he should have played.

Same with milner

We are a team of footballers and you want our 2 most limited footballers to play against Real Madrid
James Milner's perfoamance at Old Trafford was something missuing from the team tonight. Dedicated work rate and doing a job for the team on their dangerous players.

Lescott is our best centre half on present form and was on the bench.

We had difficulty keeping the ball tonight. Lescott is a great defender but his ball retention passing is limited. Milner cannot pass full stop his footballing brain and technical ability is suited to Stoke not Madrid

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.