Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

Annoyed with Maicon's crosses. They were pointless and he knew it. A younger Maicon would probably have tried to run past Marcelo. I also thought playing both Garcia and Barry behind Yaya wasn't a good move. The midfield was too slow and got dominated. Tevez was pretty isolated.

BlueCityfan said:
Annoyed with Maicon's crosses. They were pointless and he knew it. A younger Maicon would probably have tried to run past Marcelo. I also thought playing both Garcia and Barry behind Yaya wasn't a good move. The midfield was too slow and got dominated. Tevez was pretty isolated.
I thought that about Maicon. I also thought that whilst Madrid were powerful and dominant in possession, we tended to take silly risks at the back, then just hoof it up to the tiny Tevez, which made little sense and just gave them the ball back. Got to just write that game off I think.

a couple of things that annoyed me

1) Whay play 3 new players (one making his debut) who have no understanding whatsoever yet in such an inportant game?

2) Why no Lescott?

3) Why play Barry from the start, he was blowing out of his arse by half time (not his fault as he's not started a game for 4 an half months!)

4) Why was Milner not on the bench?

5) what happened with Mario and the 'technical' reasons?

The cookie monster said:
We were battered
Don't try and mask it.
And yet could have scored 5

They deserved to win, but battered we were not. Kept them at arms length with just Ronaldo shots to worry about for the most part

Doesn't really matter. We lost, but we can't help but dissect it all

Marvin said:
The cookie monster said:
We were battered
Don't try and mask it.
And yet could have scored 5

They deserved to win, but battered we were not. Kept them at arms length with just Ronaldo shots to worry about for the most part

Doesn't really matter. We lost, but we can't help but dissect it all
And of course Marcelo, who twice was allowed to cut in and take a shot.

Simply way off the likes of Madrid. Great to score and still be in the game but it took huge strokes of luck to be so.

Wingers cutting in all over the place and shots raining down on Joe had me wincing all night.
Could of been five or six for Madrid.

Tevez isolated, Nasri shocking, no width to use as an outlet ball to ease constant waves of attack.
Hopefully a good lesson for the future.

Hugely proud of the effort. Hugely naive performance at times.

You may say this is knee jerk but it is merely an opinion (you'll also know I am a huge Mancini fan), this season will:

See us win nowt

See us sack Bob

That is a prediction, not a request before anyone has a pop. Whilst I can forgive a bit of naivety in the Bernabeu, we really need to address the complacency elsewhere otherwise we will be one season wonders.

Finally back there, on the world's big stage. Couldn't watch the first half because of other commitments, but the second half was like a final. At times, the pace and quick passing was astonishing. What a feeling for li'l ol' City to take the lead at the Bernabeu! Shame it didn't quite have that fairytale ending. As for that last goal, I wonder if Komps is too damned intelligent, and is, quite simply, thinking too much (like a chess player), rather than just doing?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.