Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

shevtheblue said:
Over reactions on Bluemoon?? NEVER! Beforehand everyone was talking about not wanting to get humiliated, well we didn't. Yes we should have won that game and we fucked it up, it happens to the best of teams and especially at the Bernabeau in the Champs League as its clear UEFA have a hard-on for Real Madrid and Barca. With a little more leadership (i think Vinny should have been the one pushing the players forward instead of Javi trying to get the players to push up) and more belief in ourselves we would have beaten them. The positives, we scored 2 goals against them away that proves to the players we can score against them at home. Nasty had a great debut, did not look out of place at all, Barry was decent and that was his first start after injury, Edin was clinical and thats not to mention the best player on the pitch Yaya Toure...they were shit scared of him all night.
The positives - We had our tactics spot on which allowed us to score those two goals.
The negatives - We bottled it and chucked away all our good work.

Cold light of day after the emotion of the evening.....

Proud of the lads but all in all it was a poor performance with very few of the lads coming out of the game with any credit.

On paper we're a fair match man for man with Real yet once again we've pretty much failed to play to our potential away from the Etihad.

Bob has to take a chunk of the blame as well due to picking a "safe" side, as soon as I saw Barry in the line up I knew his lack of pace about the pitch would be exposed. I also think Zab should have started ahead of Maicon and I certainly didn't expect both Silva and Nasri to start the game. Then when Nasri got injured I think AK was the wrong man to come on, bar his goal he's fucking hopeless and was summed up when he needlessly ran the ball out of play when we had a great chance on the attack.

Jose had Real's tactics spot on yet for some reason we didn't counter them. He kept Tranny and Di Maria wide and every fucking time they cut inside the full back yet neither Garcia or Barry did their jobs in helping to cut off this option. Very poor.

Thought Tevez did really well and worked his socks off, shame we didn't have enough subs available to replace him with Sergio near the end of the game. Yaya had a good game as did Clichy and Nastasic, for his debut.

All in all, a proper gutter when we ended up leading twice, however that doesn't mask the fact that we played nowhere near our potential.

Our away form continues to be an enigma.

Perhaps I'm being extremely harsh on the lads, I don't know. I'm just upset, they'll be upset - our tactics worked - then because they worked we let adrenaline kick in and bottled it. That's why I'm annoyed. We did all the good work, it paid off, we just had to see it out - stay calm and collective. I don't know.

Gutted.

The cookie monster said:
Marvin said:
The cookie monster said:
We were battered
Don't try and mask it.
And yet could have scored 5

They deserved to win, but battered we were not. Kept them at arms length with just Ronaldo shots to worry about for the most part

Doesn't really matter. We lost, but we can't help but dissect it all
We were torn apart, you can make as many long post as you like marvin saying what we did and how many chances we had

We scored 2 goals and maybe could of had another
Yet we were dismantled in near enough every department,except for ya ya.

They are not 1 of the best 2 teams in the world for nothing
Torn apart? Nah, not having it, we grew into the game after the 30th minute and they were reduced to long shots.

Even the Arse fans on talksport are saying we played well (for an away team in Madrid) and deserved a draw.

strongbowholic said:
Hugely proud of the effort. Hugely naive performance at times.

You may say this is knee jerk but it is merely an opinion (you'll also know I am a huge Mancini fan), this season will:

See us win nowt

See us sack Bob

That is a prediction
, not a request before anyone has a pop. Whilst I can forgive a bit of naivety in the Bernabeu, we really need to address the complacency elsewhere otherwise we will be one season wonders.

Wow. Based on what? 4 league games and a narrow defeat at the most successful team on the planet?

Go easy on the Strongbow, Peter Swales Mk2

Chill. Eveythings ok in the end. If it isn't ok, it isnt the end.

last year away to Munich we took the game to them , were well on top early and but for the referee bottling it we'd have been in front.Disappointingly Last night we were like a rabbit stuck in headlights for the first 20. As far as i'm aware it's 11 against 11 in Europe as well as domestically, the rules are still the same, the ball is the same size. So why the fuck don't we just go out and play or normal game? The one mind boggling stat from last night reveals that we conceded all 3 goals after maicon went off. Proof if ever it was needed that stats mean nothing. He's worse than shite.

12 months ago i was not sure we would have what it takes to win the league, we did. So where do we go this season, obviously our great owners want us to win the league again and do really well in the champs. i believe we can do 1 or the other but not both, we have 6 hard games in Europe so that means 12 league games either side after having to put it all in to qualify further. Our league form will be virtually impossible to maintain so people have to decide what they want this year we cant have both, we cant do what others can in Europe and rest players if we want to get through, we're playing 6 games all against league champions, Scum, Arse and Chelsea don't have that problem. So for me, as much as last night was gutting i refuse to have a go at our players, we were playing 1 of the best teams in the world and very nearly got something but now we have to decide what is more important

the goats backside said:
12 months ago i was not sure we would have what it takes to win the league, we did. So where do we go this season, obviously our great owners want us to win the league again and do really well in the champs. i believe we can do 1 or the other but not both, we have 6 hard games in Europe so that means 12 league games either side after having to put it all in to qualify further. Our league form will be virtually impossible to maintain so people have to decide what they want this year we cant have both, we cant do what others can in Europe and rest players if we want to get through, we're playing 6 games all against league champions, Scum, Arse and Chelsea don't have that problem. So for me, as much as last night was gutting i refuse to have a go at our players, we were playing 1 of the best teams in the world and very nearly got something but now we have to decide what is more important
Well then we concentrate on retaining our title. It's a no brainer for me.

Blue Smarties said:
Perhaps I'm being extremely harsh on the lads, I don't know. I'm just upset, they'll be upset - our tactics worked - then because they worked we let adrenaline kick in and bottled it. That's why I'm annoyed. We did all the good work, it paid off, we just had to see it out - stay calm and collective. I don't know.

Gutted.

Summed up correctly IMO. We need to 'perfect' a way of seeing games out.

B\connellblue said:
the goats backside said:
Well then we concentrate on retaining our title. It's a no brainer for me.

Nah, we have to go for the Chumps, we need the revenue.

We can make up the points in the Prem after Xmas, we have to get out of our group.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.