Real reason why we won't win the league

Spine of last season, on which everything was built, just not there for me this year.

Hart - believing his own hype. Don't get me wrong, I don't want any other keeper but I'm actually quite glad he made that mistake, might bring him down a peg or two

Kompany - injuries has meant stop-start all season

Yaya - shadow of the player he was last season

Silva - glimpses of brilliance but inconsistent

Aguero - See Yaya

Says it all when Zab has been our best player this season, but having a brilliant right back ain't going to win us the league

So for all the transfer activity (or lack of), until the spine is back and fully functioning, we won't win the league again any time soon

Re: real reason why we wont win the league

Pigeonho said:
I know, because Balotelli was playing such a pivotal role in this years campaign before he got sold.
But last season his role was significant

There's a few things that add up

De Jong for a few key away games where his tackling and covering of the defence is 2nd to none
AJ for his impact and quality off the bench
Injuries to key players like Aguero, Richards and Kompany, have all left us weaker

As has been said many times the signings we made were not of the calibre of the departed players with the possible exceptions of Nastasic and maybe Rodwell who has been injured

brad the blue said:
Too many draws. Lost the same as the rags but the draws have fucked us up.
That's not a reason - we need to know why we have drawn these games

Marvin said:
brad the blue said:
Too many draws. Lost the same as the rags but the draws have fucked us up.
That's not a reason - we need to know why we have drawn these games[/quote

We have no pace, no tempo, players played out of position, players not being played to there strengths, no fluidity, no width, no mobility, should I continue or cut to the main reason? We have a manager that is terrified of losing we draw so many because were not setup to win, were setup not to lose! Sorry but when your playing a team that's also setup not to lose your gonna draw more than your fair share.

Were playing into the oppositions hands yet people
don't see this?

Real reason we won't win the league?

We are MARGINALLY worse and the rags are MARGINALLY better this season.

And RvP has picked up his normal, every season injury. Wenger must be devastated.

BWTAC said:
The agenda.

Oh and we're a bit shit at the mo.

Yer right, BWTAC, but there's big shit with that Agenda. This morning one newspaper headline about us, one about The Dippers and SIX about the shit on the shovel from Stretford, and they aren't playing until tomorrow!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
BWTAC said:
The agenda.

Oh and we're a bit shit at the mo.

Yer right, BWTAC, but there's big shit with that Agenda. This morning one newspaper headline about us, one about The Dippers and SIX about the shit on the shovel from Stretford, and they aren't playing until tomorrow!
Bit of a significant game though isn't it, tomorrow? We did what we did on Saturday, and report on it they did. Liverpool are a mid-table club so there's not much to say about them, same way we never got talked about much when we were mid-table. The focus then now is the match tomorrow, heightened obviously with the Ronaldo factor.

If we had held on at the Bernabau this season would have been totally different

The belief and confidence a win there would have done would have totally reshaped our season both in Europe and the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.