Real reason why we won't win the league

Re: real reason why we wont win the league

Gelsons Dad said:
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory in Madrid.

That's where this season was written. The psychological blow that landed has never been shaken off by some of the players who've only tasted success in the last couple of seasons. Their confidence has been shown to be considerably less robust than their egos.

Next season, I pray we get them in our group again..
After this summer's signings we'll be a match for anyone, and I think we'd beat them comfortably.

Especially if we have Jose "the streetwise" Mourinho aboard.

King-Kun said:
Mike D said:
Mancini was not backed in the summer by the owners. The 2 players that he desperatly wanted RVP and Hazard he was told by Marwood he couldn't have. Instead we brought the inept Sinclair, Garcia and Nastisic. The latter being the only man truly up to the job.

It was a fine margin that we won the league by last season this seasons the way we are playing its looking like a country mile that we are gonna lose it by this. When you look at the the rags there squad is far inferior to what we have but they have someone who turn the likes of Jonny Evans, Danny Welbeck and Zindiene Cleverly into half descent players and we don't right now. I don't see the the point in sitting pointing the finger at who is to blame and talking about sacking people. Lets just go out there win as many games as possible and try and at least salvage something from what there is left.

This summer's signings will be a significant upgrade on last summer's.
Think Cavani, Falcao, Baines, Fellaini, Bale, Begovic, Ogbonna.
We'll be trying our hardest to secure atleast three players of this caliber nice and early to make a massive statement of intent.

The board will have learnt from last summer.

The first 2 would do nicely for me, if we could secure both that would be job done.

King-Kun said:
CapeVerde said:
We won't win the league because we haven't been good enough and there is a better team out there than us. Simple as that.

We're alot better than them. We've just had an off year.
This happens to elite clubs everynow and then...

This summer will see us get things right. And this time next year, the table will reflect the true quality of the squads.

Us top, Chelsea second, Rags third.

We've learnt the importance of building on success, and won't make mistakes like this again.
im sorry but we trully are not better than them, its fookin obvious. we are getting worse. we looked as weak as piss at the weekend and the bench was woeful

johnbmcr said:
Sam. said:
Sinclair was bought solely to fill the void left by Johnson's departure, and that's fair enough, but it's pretty bloody obvious to me that it was a panic buy. I think it's the same story with Garcia as well. We all know that he wasn't Mancini's first choice for that role but for one reason or another funds were limited and Mancini had to make do with what he resources he had.

Marwood (or whoever else was involved) didn't give full backing to the manager and as a result Mancini is being made to pay.

there is another perspective the mancini marwood business ie some of the players that Booby wanted simply didn't want to come because of his stubborn streak and the circus that surrounds city it got pretty toxic during the summer and you have to ask would you throw your lot in with us? Bobby wouldn't guarantee they would play as RVP does for MU so I think its now where near as simple to blame Marwood

To some extent I agree, that Marwood is mearly a foot soldier for the boards cost cutting exercise. However he is still a c*ck and he ultimatley would have sanctioned the Sinclair deal.<br /><br />-- Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:56 pm --<br /><br />
johnbmcr said:
Sam. said:
Sinclair was bought solely to fill the void left by Johnson's departure, and that's fair enough, but it's pretty bloody obvious to me that it was a panic buy. I think it's the same story with Garcia as well. We all know that he wasn't Mancini's first choice for that role but for one reason or another funds were limited and Mancini had to make do with what he resources he had.

Marwood (or whoever else was involved) didn't give full backing to the manager and as a result Mancini is being made to pay.

there is another perspective the mancini marwood business ie some of the players that Booby wanted simply didn't want to come because of his stubborn streak and the circus that surrounds city it got pretty toxic during the summer and you have to ask would you throw your lot in with us? Bobby wouldn't guarantee they would play as RVP does for MU so I think its now where near as simple to blame Marwood

To some extent I agree, that Marwood is mearly a foot soldier for the boards cost cutting exercise. However he is still a c*ck and he ultimatley would have sanctioned the Sinclair deal.

jayblue said:
im sorry but we trully are not better than them, its fookin obvious. we are getting worse. we looked as weak as piss at the weekend and the bench was woeful

We have a better team. We've been unlucky with injuries in the same way they were last year.
There's little between us, but i think we'd beat them 7 times out of 10.

After the summer though, they'll be no debate. The standard of our squad will improve greatly.

King-Kun said:
Gelsons Dad said:

That's where this season was written. The psychological blow that landed has never been shaken off by some of the players who've only tasted success in the last couple of seasons. Their confidence has been shown to be considerably less robust than their egos.

After this summer's signings we'll be a match for anyone, and I think we'd beat them comfortably.

Mancini will be our manager next season and you seriously need to wind in your expectations, both in the transfer window and in the the teams capabilities next season. It will take 5 more seasons of slow and steady improvement and experience before we should expect anything other than a damn good go at it.

Gelsons Dad said:
King-Kun said:
Gelsons Dad said:

Mancini will be our manager next season and you seriously need to wind in your expectations, both in the transfer window and in the the teams capabilities next season. It will take 5 more seasons of slow and steady improvement and experience before we should expect anything other than a damn good go at it.

No guarantee Mancini will be here next season.
Whether he is or not, we will see a ruthless clearout this summer.. And plenty of the funds will be pumped back into buying top bracket players.

Chelsea will be improving their squad over the summer also, and will be our main challengers.
And Cavani alone isn't enough. A centre back, goalkeeper, centre midfielder and wideman are needed.

i agree it will take atleast 5 years for us to dominate completely.
But I feel with a good summer of activity, we would be in a position to give Madrid a good game next season.

I say bring it on!

King-Kun said:
Whether he is or not, we will see a ruthless clearout this summer.. And plenty of the funds will be pumped back into buying top bracket players.

Chelsea will be improving their squad over the summer also, and will be our main challengers.
And Cavani alone isn't enough. A centre back, goalkeeper, centre midfielder and wideman are needed.

But I feel with a good summer of activity, we would be in a position to give Madrid a good game next season.

I say bring it on!

Hmmmm

Sky Blue said:
King-Kun said:

I say bring it on!

Hmmmm

So you agree? This summer holds the key to our future, and I don't see the board making the same mistakes twice.

FFPR and having our hands tied behind our back in transfer windows.

All designed to help the rags.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.