Realistic expectations for the remainder of the season

Pezzer2

Without sounding too negative I would be content with finishing 2nd now and maintaining our qualification for the Champions League again. If we can manage a morale boosting win against Bayern I still have a sneaky feeling we still progress in the Champions League (No I'm not p**sed) Obviously a good run in the FA Cup again is paramount if we fail to progress in Champions League.

We cannot underestimate the importance of qualifying for the Champions League, despite the apathy towards the competition. Luckily the other so called top teams are having a bad run of form at present, so we shouldn't be worried about not qualifying.

Like the Chairman said at the start of the season we might have to take a pinch this year and just consolidate. The next 2 transfer windows are going to be vital in my opinion, we need some World Class talent to come in and inject some fresh impetus within the squad. I'm 100% behind Pellegrini despite some baffling tactical decisions of late. We have to be careful what we wish for if we decide to get rid. If the right man came along such as Guardiola then maybe we would have to consider but there is no one out there at the moment. Klopp would be a big risk in my opinion. Lets just ride out the storm and hopefully things will come good again

3rd Place

New Manager

Angelino, Fofana, Pozo and Barker given game time.

Exit the CL (4th spot) and win the league. Think the standard domestically is quite weak, so we'll have to go on a prolonged run to match and better Chelsea. Hard but not impossible.

We just need to get back to basics, and then the results and performances will start to turn.

Full backs blocking crosses.
Winning headers
Anticipating the second ball
Driving into the gaps before releasing
Working just as hard when the opposition have the ball.
Passing the ball quickly
Decent corners/set pieces.
Every player wanting the ball
Wingers crossing the ball to strikers in the right position.
Attacking 50/50 challenges
Less rotation
Meaningful substitutions.

That goes for all the players, as some of the untouchables have been hiding in recent weeks.

How about some of this? :)

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_UEFA_Europa_League_Final" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_UEFA_ ... ague_Final</a>

Have to get 3rd first. Since we probably aren't going to win the league unless Chelsea really implode (and just can't see it with Mourinho, he has no real precedent of bottling big leads does he?), could we commit resources to a Europa League assault if we finish 3rd in our group? The only slight risk might be to a top 4 place but Arsenal, Liverpool and United are even worse off than us so far.

And a good FA Cup run of course.

To finish in the top 4,we will get there with relative ease I think. Not winning the league,not winning in Europe and out of the league cup. Our ambition is now on a par with Arsenal for this season. Hopefully a decent FA cup run.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.