Realistic expectations for the remainder of the season

Low expectations to be honest, in that I'm not expecting scintillating performances every week, I predicted we'd struggle due to combination of World Cup hangover, and post champion winning season malaise, and that's exactly what we've got, whether it's a result of the likes of Yaya needing to be replaced, or knackered due to too many games and little close season rest, I don't know.
We could get all our players back and regain our poise after Xmas, who knows, I hope, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, if Chelsea win, then fine, the competition is to be expected, we can't win it every season

To qualify for Europa league don't we have to rely on Roma and Moscow drawing, and we draw with Bayern and beat Roma or beat Bayern and draw more than 1-1 with Roma, bit unlikely? (Bayern not losing to Moscow as well).

AlloBoi said:
Clichy to have 1 good game

He's used up that already this season so I think this is a more unrealistic expectation than all the others.

I think realistically the best we will get in the league is 2nd and hopefully by next year we will hit form and win a cup.

We won't progress in the CL for me. I think Bayern will take great pleasure in knocking us out and will do especially with two players suspended for that.

Top three finish hopefully, with our current form, I am not even confident of that, the only solace is that except for Chelsea all the other contenders for top 2 - 6 spots are all equally shit..

Still try and win the league( 27games to go ffs) !!!!!! And have a pop at the F.A cup , Europe forget it we f*#ked it this season , but if we end up in europa league have a proper go at it f*#k it why not !!! Getting a bit sick of all this flapping in Nov' , I bet frank clark was a laugh a min' for you lot :s !

I expect we'll finish 2nd, probably somewhere between 5 and 10 points behind Chelsea.
FA Cup is a reasonable expectation but obviously down to the luck of the draw. The way things are going this season we'll probably get a tough away draw in the 3rd round, but who knows.

Just need to ride out this season as best we can then seriously upgrade the first team in summer without Platini's cheating rules restricting us.

Top 2 and a trophy, whether that be the league, FA cup or wishful thinking - one of the two Euopean cups.

We must win all the remaining games 10-0, or else I want the manager sacked & all the players changed at the end of the season!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.