Realistic expectations for the remainder of the season

Second. whilst disappointing, is not to be sniffed at. It would mean we had finished in the top 2 for each of the last 4 years.
It's worth remembering that before the take over we had only ever finished in the top 2 five times in our entire history
and never twice in the same decade! Looking at how all the other big teams bar Chelsea have started off the season it should
be achievable. If we aim for second then who knows? Chelsea just might crack up.

Qualifying for next year's CL should be our primary aim for the rest of the season. If we get out of the group this season then
great but if we don't it's not a disaster. Not playing in next year's competition would be.

Our secondary aim should be to win the FA Cup.

Automatic CL qualifying spot and good FA Cup run plus win the Europea League to get some Euro glory & valuable ranking points for next season...

I still expect us to mount a challenge for the Title. Chelsea at the moment are relentless and we are as we all can see having a pretty hard time right now. The thing is though; anyone who writes this set of players and Manager off is a fool.

Don't finish too far behind the eventual winners. The FA Cup would be a bonus.

It would be nice to give Chelsea something to sweat about and make it more interesting BUT they are a machine at present. The back 4 is so solid and that is the reason I cant see them imploding. They can play poorly and still win games because of there back-line. QPR game was a perfect example. 8 points with a Mourinho style team is one hell of lead to chase. You never know it just takes one bad result to throw some doubt in there minds. I'm just more concerned at us winning games at the moment. Swansea and Southampton games are not going to be easy and if we play like we have done lately we will come unstuck again

We will win the league.

Owl1.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.