Realistic expectations for the remainder of the season

mac said:
Fa cup 3rd round.preston away
If we do win the league this season,IMO it will be pretty damn close to call, but if we do I will back us to win 3 in a row.

I would take Preston away, let Utd play Chelsea or Arsenal away in Round 3 to scupper Van Gaals season and let Sours play Everton and Liverpool play Southampton.

Also noticed that for our last 11 scheduled League games from Leicester at home on Mar 4th 2015 to Southampton at home on May 24th 2015 we picked up the maximum of 33 points from the corresponding fixtures last season (if you substitute Norwich for Leicester, Fulham for Burnley and Cardiff for QPR as the relegated teams for the corresponding promoted teams) . We will have to go some to match that.

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
League runners-up and the FA cup. Knocked out of the Europa League first round please ;-)

If we're going to finish league runners up, then wouldn't a Europa & FA Cup double be a decent way to end the season?

I tend to think that if we're in contention for the league towards the end of the season we will win it. But I could also see the scenario whereby when the Europa League starts up again in Feb we could be realistically out of contention for the PL. Just as we were in 2013. In which case a run in the Europa League would be better than just playing out the season. If we stay in the EL and the league gets tight we can always ditch the EL, send the reserves.

A minimum of...

Second in the league,
FA Cup Semi
Quarter Final of the CL / Semi final of Europa

Sergio to win the PL golden boot

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.