Realistic expectations for the remainder of the season

Irrespective of what happens v Roma and whether we end up in the Champions League knockout stage (if we win or draw against Roma and CSKA lose v Bayern) or Europa League knockout stage (if we draw v Roma and CSKA draw or win v Bayern, or we win v Roma and CSKA beat Bayern) or end up with no European football after Christmas (if we lose v Roma) I hope we can get to an FA Cup Final again and win it (great day v Stoke last time in 2011, great atmosphere, right result and decent weather), after the disappointment of going out in the League Cup to Newcastle.

Hope for a nice relatively straight forward home draw for Round 3 when the draw is made on Monday after this weekends' Round 2 games.

Got a feeling we may get a Premier League team i.e. Southampton or WBA away .

Anyone care to have a complete guess who we may draw in Round 3 ?

Fa cup 3rd round.preston away
If we do win the league this season,IMO it will be pretty damn close to call, but if we do I will back us to win 3 in a row.

FA up 3rd round draw.

Theres only one game

Let's welcome the Rags to Manchester again

Then afterwards, let's see what Tact Turtle has to say he will be playing for this season

To many twists and loops to think about the end of the ride yet for me.
I never expect anything tbh i take things as they come and it is what it is.
More of a match by match man if you will :-)

The title for me. We haven't seen how much bottle this Chelsea side have yet ( or maybe we did at the back end of last season ) But yeah the title for me. Progression in the champions league. I would put the FA cup on the back burner for this season only to help with chasing down the chavs.

Pre season I thought we'd win the league by 10 points, I must confess that I have backed down now, I think we'll only win it by 8 or 9 points now!

We can very easily progress to the next round of the CL, it just needs a good performance in Rome. I'd love to see us go far there but I think we'll get found out more often than not because the teams are so much stronger. Maybe a QF or even SF though would be fantastic. Otherwise a FA Cup run would be great should the CL campaign fail but then we have to concentrate on trying to retain the league. I still think only retaining the title would still make the season a failure if it didn't come with it a strong CL campaign.

I never expect with City but in terms of what I hope and aim for this season it's the exact same as at the start - the league and FA Cup double and CL knockouts. Chelsea will have a stutter - it's going to be tough for us to win it but they will. It's whether their squad can handle competing in four competitions - I doubt it can. It will only take two bad results for us to be right on them if we keep doing our thing and winning games. First task win our remaining games this calendar year and get to CL knockouts. Everton, Leicester, Palace, WBA, Burnley our next 5 games in the league iirc.

We've lost at home to Stoke, away at West Ham and drawn away at QPR, Arsenal and home to Chelsea. That's 5 games we have dropped points in out of 14 but crucially we've not allowed major rivals to take points from us. Won our next 5 in the league - taking it to 8 wins on the bounce in the league and it's P19 W14 D3 L2 and 45pts at the halfway stage. That puts us in an excellent position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.