Realistic expectations for the remainder of the season

Top 4 finishes? Fuck me..

Chelsea looks strong but anything is possible
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKF-thvlT6A[/video]

just keep on trying to pick up points and hope chlesea drop a few, it was the same when we was trying to catch united and they was 8 infront of us, we do our own thing and not worry about the gap then hope that Chelsea get carried away and slip up... win the league and then chuck the kids out into Europa if we end up coming 3rd in the champs league... FA cup would be tidy aswell

1. We have only won one of our last six games.
2. The pace of our play is too slow and the passing is awful.
3. We do not have a settled defence.
4. The midfield is not combative enough.
5. Kompany and Silva are injured.
6. Yaya has gone completely off the boil and is a pale shadow of last years player.
7. We got rid of Negredo and kept Dzeko, big mistake.
8. Pellegrini looks completely lost on the touchline.

If anything happens to Aguero to keep him out of the team we are screwed.

If we make the top four I will be delighted and surprised, a winning FA cup run could save our season.

Think it's going to be very hard to finish above Chelsea. I would take 2nd and a FA cup now if offered.

1st,FA cup and Europa league.

But it won't count as a treble apparently....

A win against Swansea, A draw at best at Southampton and a 1-0 loss to Sunderland.

A loss to Bayern knocking us out of CL and a draw at Roma knocking us out of Europa.

Clichy will finally be dropped for ever....

A winning run of 8 games putting us on 48 points after 22 games.

Losses away at Chelsea, Anfield and Swansea will be our only other losses and 11 wins from the last 16 games will see us on 83 points at the end of the season, 7 behind Chelsea but in 2nd place.

We will hit the ground running in the FA cup, avoid all the big guns until the Semi final when we will beat Liverpool and the cup will be ours again with a 3-0 easy as they come win against Tottenham.

Pellegrini will still get sacked (if he isn't after the first 4 games mentioned above) and Yaya will finally get his cake.

sam-caddick said:
zimmerman said:
While I think that qualification in the CL is still very much there if we want it, I really hope we go all the way in the Europa if we end up in it.

Much more fun competition than the CL and would give us great belief to win a European competition.

FA cup would be nice too ;)

I agree, mate.

I still think we will comfortably finish in the top 3 but I don't see us winning the league.

I don't see the Europa League affecting us that much to cause us real problems in the league and we should have enough to win that competition if we perform.

At the end of the day the Europa League is a tournament we would have loved to have won a few years ago, we are not good enough to win the Champions League so the next best option is the Europa.

By the time the Europa league games come round we should have a better idea of what are prospects are as far as the PL is concerned. I reckon Chelsea are about 80% likely to win the league and could be well clear by Feb. If we have a CL spot nailed down by then, a serious tilt at a Europa & FA Cup double would make sense.

If by Feb we're still in with a realistic chance of the league, or worst of all not sure of CL qualification, we should forget about the cups.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.