Realistic outcome now for rest of season

Saw enough in the last 30 to suggest we could still go on a run. Would be odd, but not impossible, to win the league with two runs book-ending the season.

win carling cup, finish top 4, and beat dynamo kiev and reach at least quarter final.

with all injuries, shit defending, no consistency, bad form and naive tactic.. this is realistic target.

We will need a lot of luck to win the League Cup. Looks like Toure will start and I don't see how we can win any game against a decent opponent with 10 men.

4th is at risk. On the plus side, defensively we looked back to normal. Vinny looked really good, if tired towards the end

4th position now looks in serious jeopardy. Next league game is Liverpool and we never ever win at Anfield so that is usually a write off, if the Rags beat Arsenal and Watford then they would draw level with us.
I don't wanna start life under Pep in the sodding Europa League/

The league is still possible. there are 12 games to go but whatever issues behind the scenes that is repressing the players needs to be resolved and of-course the injury issue is still holding the team back. The overwhelming positive from today is the organization at the back and it was a bit of a lapse (from Otamendi) that caused the second goal, should have held his line as players were already closing down on Lamela. But we look solid at the back today and as long as Kompany remains fit then we have a chance of getting back into the challenge.

But the players need to play with more urgency and spirit. There are issues such as fitness, ageing and a deterioration of the pace in the team but if the players can find inspiration and drive and if Kompany remains fit then I am not giving up on the premier league yet, not with 12 games to go and not after what happened in 2012 and 2014. If the general consensus of us being out of the title challenge relieves some pressure from the players as well, that will help.

Concerning the cups. we should have enough the beat Kiev and after that it is up in the air as to what could happen and all you can hope for is that the players give their best. The Capital one cup and FA cup are winnable as long as Kompany remains fit and we are consequently organized at the back.

Give it up, the predictions and unfounded optimism has been shattered by inept performances for months now, it ain't happening.
We can't beat any of the top6 teams, We choke all the big games and almost half the players are waiting for Pep and the other half waiting to be sold.
The team is in complete ruins and right now I don't care about all the other distractions, if were not careful we will be 6th or 7th. The decision to announce Pep was shocking and has affected the team. Roll on next season cause I'm pissed off with this one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.