Realistic outcome now for rest of season

I can't see us getting any further in the cl or fa cup. Liverpool will raise their game against us twice in quick succession.
It's shaping up to be a fascinating last day of the season for the neutral. The title could be decided between spuds, arse and Leicester on the last day. There's also the battle for 4th spot, which could be decided between us, rags, west ham and Southampton.
That's unless one of those 3 puts a really good run together. I don't think they will though. The 6 point gap is so important and should be enough unless we have a total collapse in the league.

I can't see us beating liverpoo.
I can't see us beating Chelsea.
We should get past Kiev but will get knocked out by the first decent team we play.
And as for the league were lucky nitid are worse than shit cos otherwise they would get 4th place
So why have you got a ticket for Wembley then??
Are you just gonna stand there tutting all match and tell everyone we're not gonna win?
Very odd pal.

Whilst I don't disagree with much of what you say, I do think you're giving the announcement too much credence in terms of its impact on the team. All the things I've highlighted have been going on all season, not just since Pellers said he was leaving come June.

I'd also argue the toss over the Kolarov substitution, albeit that I too think it was an unnecessary move. The person to blame for Spurs' winning goal was Clattenburg. Without that appalling penalty decision, we wouldn't have had to chase the game, we wouldn't have had to take off Fernando, and there wouldn't have been a whacking great gap in front of our centre halves for Lamela to drive into as a consequence. The wigged one effectively ended our title challenge yesterday. Whilst we might have been capable of overhauling a 6 point gap on one team, there's no way we'll manage it on 3.

Like one or two other posters, I can easily see us losing 6 on the spin and my sole concern now would be holding United at bay to cement 4th place. It is to be hoped that Captain Kompers can galvanise the troops sufficiently to do just that

Granted, I suppose it just seems a coincidence that certain players have fallen so sharply - let's not forget we had an unbelievable start to the season and whilst injuries have impacted us, that is a reality for all teams. I look at how Yaya for one was playing at the beginning of the season and he's now not the same. I can't believe it's anything other than attitude as he still is a class player, just not for us anymore maybe? Re the left back situation I think many on here will agree that whereas in a winning team Alex is an asset, when in comes down to being disciplined, keeping a game tight he often gets caught out and rarely makes a solid tackle. I will be amazed if we get anywhere close to winning the CL with him in such a critical position. Alaba is quite simply the most important target, never mind a plethora of attacking players! (fortunately Pep seems to know this)

As for Clattenburg you are dead right, he's one of those men who suffers from small man syndrome - loves to be controversial and often thinks he's bigger than the match. Unbelievable decision yesterday one of the worst I've ever witnessed.

I also agree with you 100% 4th is a minimum as it could impact what calibre of players sign up. Pep is a draw no doubt, but CL is an even bigger one for global exposure. Fingers crossed we don't lose those 6 on the bounce.

Are you just gonna stand there tutting all match and tell everyone we're not gonna win?
Very odd pal.
Very odd pal.
I've got a ticket cos I support my team.
And it's a good laugh going to Wembley.
Fucking hell I had a season ticket for 20 years before the take over and never thought we would win a game at all.
I'm going to Wembley but I don't think we will win

Considering Soriano said "five trophies in five years" and never mentioned the FL Cup as part of that, I think he, the rest of the board and us as fans will be really disappointed if that's all we end up with.

We really don't look like a champion side in the league. We've been anything between average to awful for months on end now and have been as a rule for two seasons for a supposed top side (bar the odd run of half a dozen games here and there). We didn't look like champions in 2012-13, we didn't look like champions in 2014-15, and we look far worse than both of those seasons this year.

In the cups we've been good. Apart from the pathetic performance at Everton we've romped to the final in the FL Cup. But this manager and the way the team are playing are not filling me with confidence for the final. I can just see a 4 v 6 midfield outnumbers battle that we'll lose. But we have been good in that comp so you never know.

Let's see where we are in the FA Cup after Sunday. Chelsea are the best team in this country other than us, in fact, we're the only two good teams. So it might look good if we show some FL Cup form and less pressured play.

As for the CL. We've been no better than in previous years but we've just had an easier group (still lost h+a to the only other good team in it) and an easier Ro16 draw this year so it might look like by getting to the Quarters (if we do) that we've progressed but that won't fool anyone who really knows what's what.

I don't think we played that bad yesterday especially in the second half and we defiantly didn't deserve to lose. If we can keep the Kompany, Silva and Aguero fit I can't see any problem with top 4. We are 6/1 to win the league now which I’d say is about right. In the next three games Spurs go to West Ham and play Arsenal at home. Arsenal also have Utd away and Leicester have two home bankers against Norwich and WBA and are away to Watford. They will drop points in those games.

So I don't think the league is completely lost. On my predictions I have Arsenal winning it by a couple of points from Spurs and Leicester. I predicted us losing at Liverpool and drawing at home to Arsenal. If we actually draw with Liverpool and beat Arsenal we finish top on GD. That will probably not happen but it's too close to call IMO.

Rank
Team Points GD
1 Arsenal 77 31
2 Spurs 75 35
3 Leicester 75 24
4 City 73 32

League Cup. Like many say on here 50/50 depending if we turns up on the day.

FA Cup. Chelsea will take it seriously and we have the CL game a few days later. Have to say I think we will lose this game. Draw at best.

CL. Everyone seems to think we have a gimme to the next round but we’ve struggled all season against decent opposition. I think we are slight favourites but as not as big favourites as some on here think. Also this Chelsea/Liverpool analogy about winning with a poor team. I don’t buy it all they were both set up exceptionally well but even so they were both very fortunate to get to the final and in the final both should have lost. I think we will lose in the quarters unless we draw the winners of Gent v Wolfsburg (the winner of Benfica v Zenit would be 50/50).

Last edited:
CbRL0fYXEAIbcPQ.png

latest odds...given how we have won our last 2 titles...this gives me hope :)

CbRL0fYXEAIbcPQ.png

latest odds...given how we have won our last 2 titles...this gives me hope :)
If Vinny is back for the remainder of the season we will win the league. Tim Sherwood last night on MOTD, whan asked who he thought would win the league: “City”. And I agree with him. And we’ll beat Liverpool and make it a cup/league double.

Whilst I don't disagree with much of what you say, I do think you're giving the announcement too much credence in terms of its impact on the team. All the things I've highlighted have been going on all season, not just since Pellers said he was leaving come June.

I'd also argue the toss over the Kolarov substitution, albeit that I too think it was an unnecessary move. The person to blame for Spurs' winning goal was Clattenburg. Without that appalling penalty decision, we wouldn't have had to chase the game, we wouldn't have had to take off Fernando, and there wouldn't have been a whacking great gap in front of our centre halves for Lamela to drive into as a consequence. The wigged one effectively ended our title challenge yesterday. Whilst we might have been capable of overhauling a 6 point gap on one team, there's no way we'll manage it on 3.

Like one or two other posters, I can easily see us losing 6 on the spin and my sole concern now would be holding United at bay to cement 4th place. It is to be hoped that Captain Kompers can galvanise the troops sufficiently to do just that
The decision yesterday was one of the worst I've seen in a while, and it coming from someone who has a history of poor decisions against us is even more of a sickener. However, when you look at our record against the top 6 teams, I find it difficult to blame too much on that decision. There is a fundamental problem there.
I'm not saying you have said that by the way, but so many people are talking about that decision. It was a shocker, but seems a bit of a lazy excuse.

sadly i think the league is lost. chasing 3 teams is just too much at this point i think. i think we still solid for top 4 and league cup. and we will advance at least one round in the CL and possible more dpending on match up and injuries.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.