Realistic outcome now for rest of season

Go all out for the CL. Why not? We've assembled a squad to compete at that level. Very defeatist attitude to talk about bunking it. On our day we'd match most of them (ref. Beating Bayern etc)

we will have near enough a full squad if we get passed Kiev. Fucking bring it on I say

Perhaps I overstated what I meant. We certainly shouldn't "throw" the CL and maybe it was a bad choice of words. But we should not throw the FA Cup either. We should field the strongest possible team against Chelsea imho and whatever fit players remain after that can play in the CL game. Fielding a weakened side against Chelsea so we can prioritise the CL game, is the wrong call imho.

We will get blown away by Liverpool in the final
We will lose and could lose badly at Chelsea
We could get past Kiev but if we do we will get knocked out in the next round
And in the league we may just scrape 4th place

So so different from our thoughts after those first 5 league games

The only team we have beaten in the top 8 is Southampton which is appalling for a team trying to win the league, and we still have to play 4 of them again!

We will get blown away by Liverpool in the final
We will lose and could lose badly at Chelsea
We could get past Kiev but if we do we will get knocked out in the next round
And in the league we may just scrape 4th place

So so different from our thoughts after those first 5 league games

The only team we have beaten in the top 8 is Southampton which is appalling for a team trying to win the league, and we still have to play 4 of them again!

I am concerned that we get over-run by the dippers in the LC - that would be very hard to swallow, and the FA have pretty much made sure that we have to field a " weakened " team against Chelsea, so that will be a very tough game to have to try and get through.

I am personally not that arsed about the CL, but it is the Holy Grail for the owner, and it certainly will be tough ask to get very much further in the competition.

I'm embarrassed by any so called 'fans' that say things like 'throw the Champs League' focus on the domestic cups etc.

We need to try and win every game in every competition ffs.

IDIOTS

Go all out for the CL. Why not? We've assembled a squad to compete at that level. Very defeatist attitude to talk about bunking it. On our day we'd match most of them (ref. Beating Bayern etc)

we will have near enough a full squad if we get passed Kiev. Fucking bring it on I say

Realistically, I can't see us making very much more progress if we beat Kiev, but I guess you never should say never.

[QUOTE="I am personally not that arsed about the CL, but it is the Holy Grail for the owner, and it certainly will be tough ask to get very much further in the competition.[/QUOTE]

Not arsed about the CL? WTF is wrong with you????

Realistically, I can't see us making very much more progress if we beat Kiev, but I guess you never should say never.

Liverpool won it with a shower of shite. Chelsea under Di Matteo were no better than us.
realistically I know you are probably correct but fuck it, I know we can match anyone on our day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.