Realistic Transfer Targets

So lets say we have spent nothing so far.. With Balo and Tevez out, for Navas and Fernandinho (wages into account obv)

If we did Dzeko for Lewandowski it'd be almost a straight swap. Lets say we pay £5-10m on top.

Then we buy Gomez to replace Dzeko (height and strength). He can only be £5-7m

We would have only spent around £15m. We'd have a lower wage bill and our squad would be more balanced. Also, considering Lescott, Barry and Kolarov may all go.

We could actually have another £20m.

For £20m you could get Leighton Baines and we are done.

They could even use that £20m towards going for a big player like Bale.

This summer is gonna be huge i think.

We won't be signing Baines.
Clichy isn't going to sit on the bench and neither will Baines so where do they play?

The same with Gomez and Lewandowski, neither are going to sit on the bench when they can go elsewhere and be the main man.
Whats the point in signing two of the same kind of player albeit Lewandowski having a bit more to his game.

Some people on here need to realise that we're not going to put bids in for Thiago and Baines just so united dont sign them, to even think that is just strange.

CTID101 said:
Clichy isn't going to sit on the bench and neither will Baines so where do they play?

The same with Gomez and Lewandowski, neither are going to sit on the bench when they can go elsewhere and be the main man.
Whats the point in signing two of the exact same player albeit Lewandowski having a bit more to his game.

Right now we have Aguero and Dzeko, you think thats enough? and if not you want us to buy someone who will be happy as a 3rd striker? I want some as good or better so everyone has to up their game.

With the amount of games we play (plus injuries) (plus playing 2 up on occasion)

If we had Aguero, Lewandovski, and Gomez they would all play alot of games.

The only reason i thought Edin might go is because i dont think we'll get Lewandowski unless we throw Edin their way.

Why not Honda . His contract is expiring and we can get him for as low as 2 mil . Wont directly slot into the first team but is gud for backup . And rags have sold enuf shirts in Asia ( Park..Shinji) .. Its our time now ;) . I am mainly insisting bcoz his contract is expiring and we can get him for some loose change

Johnny_on said:
CTID101 said:

Whats the point in signing two of the exact same player albeit Lewandowski having a bit more to his game.

Right now we have Aguero and Dzeko, you think thats enough? and if not you want us to buy someone who will be happy as a 3rd striker? I want some as good or better so everyone has to up their game.

With the amount of games we play (plus injuries) (plus playing 2 up on occasion)

If we had Aguero, Lewandovski, and Gomez they would all play alot of games.

The only reason i thought Edin might go is because i dont think we'll get Lewandowski unless we throw Edin their way.
I think we will bring in another striker but not two players like Gomez and Lewandowski who are both wanted across Europe. Besides, doesn't Lewandowski only want to go to Bayern?

If we sell Dzeko then bring one in, if not then bring in someone who isn't an out and out forward meaning they could get game time elsewhere eg as a winger or attacking mid.

Johnny_on said:
So lets say we have spent nothing so far.. With Balo and Tevez out, for Navas and Fernandinho (wages into account obv)

If we did Dzeko for Lewandowski it'd be almost a straight swap. Lets say we pay £5-10m on top.

Then we buy Gomez to replace Dzeko (height and strength). He can only be £5-7m

Are we thinking of the same Mario Gomez?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.