Realistic Transfer Targets

Think im the odd one out here but I would be happy with anyone of that list, all of them know were the net is and would be round the 10- 15 million mark, anyone of them given the right service could be a valuable asset to the club.

The Indy article is simply the targets that Kia mentioned on TalkShite late afternoon yesterday.

It seems Herbert has decided he would pinch and print it.

dachoosen1 said:
Think im the odd one out here but I would be happy with anyone of that list, all of them know were the net is and would be round the 10- 15 million mark, anyone of them given the right service could be a valuable asset to the club.
I like two of them but wouldn't want them playing for City. Players like Negredo are for the likes of Spurs. Cardozo at a mid table team.

I'm glad Ricky Van Wolfswinkle ended up at Norwich tbh as I could have seen us going for him as a result of FFP to raise revenue through letters on shirt sales!

Walkbustaxi said:
The Independent saying we have a shortlist of 4 strikers. Gomez, Negredo, Osvaldo and Cardozo.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...d-left-by-departing-carlos-tevez-8677656.html
Negredo and Cardozo impressed me when I've watched them. Gomez too similar to Dzeko and don't know much about Osvaldo.

As much as I like some of these players I can't help thinking these are the sort of guys who you'd think Spurs, Arsenal or Even the Scouse clubs would be after and not us.

Until we do well in the champions league, and since we are reigning in wages, these will be the sort of players that we'll be after.

We're placing hopes on Pellegrini that he can get the best out of what we already have.

Negredo, Marcello and perhaps a promising youngster.

I'd be fine with the former but Marcello would not sit well with me. 'Cos he is a dick, like.

On edit - oops, wrong Madrid thug. I meant Pepe.

Greeting everybody. Been reading mercilessly last few days and I finally thought i'd create an account and put in my honest opinion.

I think a great player we could realistically go for would be Lorenzo Insigne (you might have seen him in the recent U-21 Championship) from Napoli. Can play as a second striker/centre forward or out on the left wing. Great pace and ability plus he has goals in him. Possibly available for around £10m (If Napoli aren't going to take the **** again) and he's only 22!

Navas is a great signing but we might need another wide player and i'm not keen on Di Maria as he and Navas are too similar.

SwiftBlue said:
Greeting everybody. Been reading mercilessly last few days and I finally thought i'd create an account and put in my honest opinion.

I think a great player we could realistically go for would be Lorenzo Insigne (you might have seen him in the recent U-21 Championship) from Napoli. Can play as a second striker/centre forward or out on the left wing. Great pace and ability plus he has goals in him. Possibly available for around £10m (If Napoli aren't going to take the **** again) and he's only 22!

Navas is a great signing but we might need another wide player and i'm not keen on Di Maria as he and Navas are too similar.

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

I don't follow Italian football any more - the German game has replaced it in my affections - but know a couple of chaps that do, and both have praised young Insigne. His main role at the club is on the left wing rather than in a secondary striker role, no? My biggest worry would be that Napoli may have stuck a fair sized release clause on his head, and who could blame them?

They're not the easiest club to negotiate with either. A huge plus, however, is that many players seemingly want to leave the club thanks to rampant crime levels in Naples... which brings another of their players to mind. Given that we've lost out to Real Madrid for Isco's services, I can think of worse fall back plans than twenty five year old Czech midfielder Marek Hamšík.

Salfordian Blue said:
SwiftBlue said:

I don't follow Italian football any more - the German game has replaced it in my affections - but know a couple of chaps that do, and both have praised young Insigne. His main role at the club is on the left wing rather than in a secondary striker role, no? My biggest worry would be that Napoli have stuck a fair sized release clause on his head, and who could blame them? They're not the easiest club to negotiate with either. A huge plus, however, is that many players seemingly want to leave the club thanks to rampant crime levels in Naples... which brings another of their players to mind. Given that we've lost on to Madrid for Isco's services, I can think of worse fall back plans than twenty five year old Czech midfielder Marek Hamšík.

Cheers for the welcome. I do definitely prefer the Bundesliga (well I am half german) as well and there are a few players who we could target. My number one choice after the obvious (reus, lew etc.) would be Shaqiri. He's a quality player who can play both wings brilliantly and will be wanting game time which he's not getting behind Muller and Robben in the pecking order.

SwiftBlue said:
Salfordian Blue said:
SwiftBlue said:

I don't follow Italian football any more - the German game has replaced it in my affections - but know a couple of chaps that do, and both have praised young Insigne. His main role at the club is on the left wing rather than in a secondary striker role, no? My biggest worry would be that Napoli have stuck a fair sized release clause on his head, and who could blame them? They're not the easiest club to negotiate with either. A huge plus, however, is that many players seemingly want to leave the club thanks to rampant crime levels in Naples... which brings another of their players to mind. Given that we've lost on to Madrid for Isco's services, I can think of worse fall back plans than twenty five year old Czech midfielder Marek Hamšík.

Cheers for the welcome. I do definitely prefer the Bundesliga (well I am half german) as well and there are a few players who we could target. My number one choice after the obvious (reus, lew etc.) would be Shaqiri. He's a quality player who can play both wings brilliantly and will be wanting game time which he's not getting behind Muller and Robben in the pecking order.
Shaq is a good player but can't see him leaving Bayern. Ribery is getting old and is his mani competition at LW. Can see him breaking through this season. If we could get him though, great, got a mean shot and good cross, that would make our midfield shopping for the summer done. He can play CAM too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.