really p****s me off

BooksReject said:
If you call 'matching' getting 10 men behind the ball, then well done. Lots of teams adopt this tactic when down to 10 men, its extremely hard to play against.

I must have imagined taking the lead when he had 10 men.

I must have also imagined the perfectly good goal we scored at the end that was disallowed for no reason.

Not bad for 10 men on the pitch, all of them behind the ball ;-)

Come on! Even with your Stokie glasses on you have to admit it was a bit like the Alamo last 30. And it clearly wasn't a goal, the ref said so :-)

BooksReject said:
Come on! Even with your Stokie glasses on you have to admit it was a bit like the Alamo last 30. And it clearly wasn't a goal, the ref said so :-)

The way I saw it we scored 2 goals with 10 men and you struggled to get 1.

I’m not complaining though. We outplayed you with 11 and 10 men.

You should really be expecting more after spunking the millions that you have.

We used to be like you - rely on getting in better teams faces to disrupt. We did the scum a few times like this - the old 'they don't like it up em' adage. So suppose it's a compliment that teams like Stoke are now doing it to us, but to say you 'outplayed' us is a bit of poetic licence! We struggled to get any fluency to our play, but do me a favour, and have a little peek on Sunday if you can bear it. Against better sides we play good football. It may hurt you, but go on, have a little look.

BooksReject said:
We used to be like you - rely on getting in better teams faces to disrupt. We did the scum a few times like this - the old 'they don't like it up em' adage. So suppose it's a compliment that teams like Stoke are now doing it to us, but to say you 'outplayed' us is a bit of poetic licence! We struggled to get any fluency to our play, but do me a favour, and have a little peek on Sunday if you can bear it. Against better sides we play good football. It may hurt you, but go on, have a little look.

Doing it against you?

It is something we do to every team mate. We give 100% in every game and that is what we expect as fans (they are getting paid handsomely after all).

I don’t understand how you can be happy for your team to pick and choose who they “try” against with the millions they have cost and the millions they are paid.

This has nothing to do with “rose tinted spectacles”. When we are outplayed or beaten, I admit it.

Watch the game again if you like. You’ll see you were second best for the majority. We even matched you with 10.

WD

Can you point to me in the Football rule book where it states that "Everyone must play like West Brom"?

You struggled because we fought you for it..

Mr.Red said:
Can you point to me in the Football rule book where it states that "Everyone must play like West Brom"?

In a monumentally dull fashion.

I'm not arguing that you fought for the point, but I personally couldn't watch 19 home games and assorted away games where the highlight is to get any kind of throw-in within 45 yards of the opposition goal. It might well be effective, but it's tedious.

Goats left knee said:
both games v stoke. Every misplaced city pass....yeaaaaaaah! Does that come with being a top side?

small time wankers ....a bit like when you get a second div team in the cup.....portsmouth were like it for a few seasons

Matty said:
Mr.Red said:

I'm not arguing that you fought for the point, but I personally couldn't watch 19 home games and assorted away games where the highlight is to get any kind of throw-in within 45 yards of the opposition goal. It might well be effective, but it's tedious.

Monumentally dull – how would you explain your recent performances against us and Hull?

whydelilah said:
Matty said:

Monumentally dull – how would you explain your recent performances against us and Hull?

I'd describe them as monumentally dull but take a look round the site and people aren't happy about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.