Rearranged Fixtures vs. Sunderland & Villa.

Re: Rearranged Fixture vs. Sunderland.

Lee the Blue said:
jay_mcfc said:
moomba said:
FA Cup semi would mean the Liverpool match would be re-arranged. Then it starts getting a bit difficult.

I reckon mid April is the most likely for Sunderland, but think they'll wait and see if we get through on the weekend.

A draw on Saturday would suck.

I'd be thinking own goal if it's a draw at 92 minutes. Anything but a draw in that game.

Id personally rather have a replay with Chelsea than lose to them. Call me old fashioned, but another day another game and all that. Obviously a win would be ideal, but to rather go out than have a replay is mind numbingly daft.

Not when you look at the bigger picture it isn't, but I do bow down to your superiority as a football fan. I will be delighted if we win, but I would rather lose than draw. If the reasons for that aren't patently obvious then you should go look at our fixture list.

jay_mcfc said:
Lee the Blue said:
jay_mcfc said:
I'd be thinking own goal if it's a draw at 92 minutes. Anything but a draw in that game.

Id personally rather have a replay with Chelsea than lose to them. Call me old fashioned, but another day another game and all that. Obviously a win would be ideal, but to rather go out than have a replay is mind numbingly daft.

Not when you look at the bigger picture it isn't, but I do bow down to your superiority as a football fan. I will be delighted if we win, but I would rather lose than draw. If the reasons for that aren't patently obvious then you should go look at our fixture list.

We have a big squad that is designed to deal with crowded fixture lists. Or would you rather we went back to the pre-takeover days where we were out of every comp by the end of Jan, and thus playing out the string till next August?

And here was I thinking we entered competitions like the FA Cup to try to win them, not blow them off for fear of having to play more games. If you have a congested fixture list it usually means you are still in quite a few competitions, which used to be considered a good thing. We have a huge squad that should be able to cope/compete on all fronts.

Lee the Blue said:
jay_mcfc said:
Lee the Blue said:

We have a big squad that is designed to deal with crowded fixture lists. Or would you rather we went back to the pre-takeover days where we were out of every comp by the end of Jan, and thus playing out the string till next August?

And here was I thinking we entered competitions like the FA Cup to try to win them, not blow them off for fear of having to play more games. If you have a congested fixture list it usually means you are still in quite a few competitions, which used to be considered a good thing. We have a huge squad that should be able to cope/compete on all fronts.

I'm with Lee on this one - should not be throwing games at home when people have paid good money. If fixtures are tight, play some/all of our talented youngsters if they're eligible for the competition - if they win it's a famous result, if they lose you learn a lot about their character.

mancity dan said:
That's the annoying thing, where UEFA won't allow us to play it on a Champs League night. As they want the public to be watching Champs League matches and not PL matches.
It's their preference to have no Premier League matches on CL nights, but they've given special dispensation for it before so don't rule out the week leading up to the League Cup final.

Lee the Blue said:
jay_mcfc said:
Lee the Blue said:

Look at our central midfield. No we don't

Lee the Blue said:

I've seen some overreactions on this board before, half the time by me, but that first paragraph is strange. How was York?

We have a squad that SHOULD cope with 4 trophies? How we doing without Fernandinho? Think he's missed 5 games this season and in those games we've got 5 points! If Kompany gets injured we will be deep in the mire.

My no.1 aim is the league, always has been always will be. The cups are a bonus. We are in the final of one and have an awesome tie against Barcelona in another. If we happen to lose in another cup, shoot me for not crying over it.

We would rather win one trophy than none. And that is key. Whilst we want to win them all, the reality is if we go to a replay it could make it harder to win the league. The league is the key. If we were only in the FA Cup then I would agree with the mindset of a replay being better than losing. But in actual fact we need the game to get a result. Fortunately I think Chelsea will have the same mentality as us and will look to win. It will be more open that the league fixture.

If we play a CL game in the quarters on a Tuesday we could play Sunderland on the Friday following and change our weekend game to the Monday.

Tight schedule but T, F, M could be done.

This chelsea game in the FA cup is exactly the reasons why those daft twats who in the cup draw threads say shit like "I'll take the best team please that's what football is all about TALLY HO" are fucking idiots. If we'd drawn a minnow at home we could rest our players for Barca and still progress in the FA CUP and fight on four fronts. As it is we're probably going to have to surrender either the FA cup or Champs league. Either that or there's a good chance we could surrender the champs league, fa cup and title

I'm with the other lads, a draw on Saturday would be absolutely shit. We do need a result against Mourinho though, so the FA Cup is a bit of a double edged sword.

Personally, if we played a weak team and went out, I wouldn't be that arsed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.