Rearranged Fixtures vs. Sunderland & Villa.

Re: Rearranged Fixture vs. Sunderland.

Lee the Blue said:
jay_mcfc said:
Lee the Blue said:
Id personally rather have a replay with Chelsea than lose to them. Call me old fashioned, but another day another game and all that. Obviously a win would be ideal, but to rather go out than have a replay is mind numbingly daft.

Not when you look at the bigger picture it isn't, but I do bow down to your superiority as a football fan. I will be delighted if we win, but I would rather lose than draw. If the reasons for that aren't patently obvious then you should go look at our fixture list.

We have a big squad that is designed to deal with crowded fixture lists. Or would you rather we went back to the pre-takeover days where we were out of every comp by the end of Jan, and thus playing out the string till next August?

And here was I thinking we entered competitions like the FA Cup to try to win them, not blow them off for fear of having to play more games. If you have a congested fixture list it usually means you are still in quite a few competitions, which used to be considered a good thing. We have a huge squad that should be able to cope/compete on all fronts.

That's why so many clubs win the quadruple.

Big squad= piece of piss.

anyone know when abouts TV choose dates for the April games pls? Eyeing up Saints at H on 5th April

Lee the Blue said:
jay_mcfc said:
moomba said:
FA Cup semi would mean the Liverpool match would be re-arranged. Then it starts getting a bit difficult.

I reckon mid April is the most likely for Sunderland, but think they'll wait and see if we get through on the weekend.

A draw on Saturday would suck.

I'd be thinking own goal if it's a draw at 92 minutes. Anything but a draw in that game.

Id personally rather have a replay with Chelsea than lose to them. Call me old fashioned, but another day another game and all that. Obviously a win would be ideal, but to rather go out than have a replay is mind numbingly daft.

I'm with you mate, daft thing to suggest.

Can't believe people are advocating letting Chelsea beat us in the cup. All those years we dreamed about being able to compete for cups and take on the best teams and now we have the chance people don't have the stomach for it.

Anyone actually consider that Chelsea might not go full strength on Saturday? I say we go for it. If we beat Chelsea we'll be big favourites for the cup. We'll be fresher having had a week off and have home advantage. And after two poor results we really need to win and get back on track.

If we draw it's not a good situation but what kind of mentality does it show if we say we'd rather lose? If we want to be champions we have to think like champions and that is to try and win everything.

without a dream said:
Dunne's own goal said:
mancity dan said:
That's the annoying thing, where UEFA won't allow us to play it on a Champs League night. As they want the public to be watching Champs League matches and not PL matches.

Can UEFA rule that over FA/Premier League/Clubs?

I reckon it will be moved to Feb 26th btw, so we'd play them twice in just few days.

Would be the best time for us. That's reserved for FA Cup replays though so if us or Sunderland draw at the weekend then that's out.

Thanks, didn't know that. That means we'll have to wait until Sunday at least then to know the new date

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.