Reception for Mark Hughes...

I'll give him a clap. I have no hard feelings against him, as he didn't hurt the club, but he was out of his depth.

Should give him a great reception. He was fully committed to the job and really cared. Us City fans should appreciate that.

LoveCity said:
Why would the reception be any different than the massive ovation he got after the Sunderland game when he gave that farewell? I would cheer him, he may have been a rag but he wasn't one of those "through and through" rags who cares about nothing else and grew attached to our club while he was here.

Pretty much agree with this.

He might have been a rag but he wasnt one of the ones I really hated. I wanted him to do well at city and was sad when he got the sack.

The rest is history but I'll give him a cheer.

Hang on a minute here guys....

Hughes?.....Fulham?.....

Rubbish....Bollox.....Not having it.....!

We were assured when we got rid of the useless T**T that we were making the biggest mistake EVER in getting rid of the RAG agent and that it was only a matter of time before Barca....no sorry, Real Madrid...... or some other stella team would snap him up and allow him to go on and dominate the game for many years to come!

He must not have fancied them jobs eh?

Fulham!?!? pmsl.

Had the takeover not happened, he would have been a good manager for us, as we as a club would have had similar expectations and of a level on par with Fulham.

However, he was never the manager for City once we were aiming that much higher. His managerial skills aren't at that level. (Yet?)

He did his best, and as stated elswhere, his passion during the derbies showed he wanted to beat them badly.

Anything other than a good reception would reflect badly on US, the supporters and look piss poor and give the media and our detractors more ammo.

To do anything other than treat him with the same respect he showed us would be utterly childish and pathetic.

Who's the last Manager we had who came back to City with another Club? I don't recall Keegan back at The COMS during his final brief spell with Newcastle and then there's Pearce or Royle. Struggling to think of one.

fast eddie said:
Who's the last Manager we had who came back to City with another Club? I don't recall Keegan back at The COMS during his final brief spell with Newcastle and then there's Pearce or Royle. Struggling to think of one.
Brian horton with Hull and Peter Reid with Stoke, although both were assistants. We didn't make a particular fuss over those two.

As fans if we want to show Character/history/sincerity then we should give him a lovely warm reception......if we want to behave like brainless/bitter Neanderthal dummies we could scream rag obscenities at him........I expect more of the latter sadly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.