Recommend a Car

After a day of reading around, I've whittled it down to the following potential cars. i'd be interested in hearing your view on any of these. I need good boot space, and I like to be able to accelerate with confidence. I guess reliability is quite important, although I am likely to lease for three years so it's probably not a big factor. Cheers.

Skoda Karoq

Kia Sportage

Seat Ateca

Volvo XC40

Cupra Formentor

Ford Puma

Volkswagen T-Roc

I'm in a similar position to Stuuuuu - looking for a new used car and uncannily my shortlist is the same as his, although I'm also looking at Nissan Qasqai's too.

Unlike Stuuuuu, i'm looking to buy and not lease - my budget is 18-20k and it's hopefully going to last me for the next ten years (hopefully ten years plus)

I'm swaying towrads a Sportage and that seems to be getting the most positive responses from his list.
But I've previously owned a couple of Seat's (Ibiza's) so am tempted with an Ateca too

I know it's a gamble buying a used car, but 18k is a huge amount of money for me, so this isn't a decision I'm taking lightly!!

I'm in a similar position to Stuuuuu - looking for a new used car and uncannily my shortlist is the same as his, although I'm also looking at Nissan Qasqai's too.

Unlike Stuuuuu, i'm looking to buy and not lease - my budget is 18-20k and it's hopefully going to last me for the next ten years (hopefully ten years plus)

I'm swaying towrads a Sportage and that seems to be getting the most positive responses from his list.
But I've previously owned a couple of Seat's (Ibiza's) so am tempted with an Ateca too

I know it's a gamble buying a used car, but 18k is a huge amount of money for me, so this isn't a decision I'm taking lightly!!
I owned a Nissan Qasqai for 12 months. Worst car I’ve ever had. It had 16k on the clock but it was hardly ever out of the garage.the cam belt went, the turbo went whilst on a trip to Norwich, the stop start continually reported errors - the Nissan garage we’re happy whilst the car was under warranty to fix all these issues.
They get good reviews and I did my research. I can only think I had a shit one. The Sportage I’ve had for 9 months and other than a very slow puncture in one tyre I’ve had no issues.

I've relied to this solely because of the Merc S Class mention, I know they are expensive (to maintain also) but there is nothing better. It drives like I imagination floating on a cloud, if possible, would feel, power performance and absolute luxury, it is an incredible vehicle and, in my opinion, as good as it gets.

Just a quick edit to add - I'm not a rich bloke, or a tosser or a wanker or an arrogant nob, or a look at me dickhead, or a ....well you get the picture (hopefully)
Tosser

The Skoda will have a VW engine, but cheaper than a VW, so I'd bin the T-Roc off ;)
A Cupra is a SEAT.
My mate had a Kia Sportage....traded it in a couple of weeks back, nothing but trouble, basically fell apart within 5yrs.

very nice, had one before the S, but the S is absolutely on a different planet
It’s also in a different planet in the price tag it’s now coming in at £105 thousand. Have had a CLS in the past, loved that car, now looking at a CLA Premium plus, all whistles and bells, I’ll tell you more after Thursday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.