Recommend a good book?

The Sett by Ranulph Fiennes.

I read a lot and it is without question the best book I have ever read, an amazing story of one normal bloke and Yardies, Mafia, CIA, BCCI, Pakistan secret service, drug cartels, the SAS and Blackburn plastic gangsters.

It is unclear how much is fact/fiction but Fiennes apparently recieved several death threats for writing it and was put into protective custody for a time.

Try it and thank me later, if you are not happy I will refund the fucker myself.

tidyman said:
I go years without reading a book and then have spells of reading loads.

I'm reading Mo Hayder books at the minute and I've not read any better in her field.

Her most recent one, Hanging Hill, is particularly good if you're into gruesome crime type books.

I was reading that in a pub once when I was waiting for my other half. A couple saw me reading it and enthused about her series about the detective (can't remember his name now).
Loved Hanging Hill but just couldn't get into the detective series one :-(

mackenzie said:
tidyman said:
I go years without reading a book and then have spells of reading loads.

I'm reading Mo Hayder books at the minute and I've not read any better in her field.

Her most recent one, Hanging Hill, is particularly good if you're into gruesome crime type books.

I was reading that in a pub once when I was waiting for my other half. A couple saw me reading it and enthused about her series about the detective (can't remember his name now).
Loved Hanging Hill but just couldn't get into the detective series one :-(

DI Jack Caffrey.

Funnily enough I just finished the first in that series, The Birdman, last night and thought it was very good. So I picked up the second one, The Treatment, from the library on my way to work today.

Her other individual books, The Devil of Nanking, AKA Tokyo and Pig Island are both very good also.

The Catcher In The Rye, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Of Mice And Men and To Kill A Mockingbird are all timeless classics, IMHO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.