Recommend a good book?

Davs 19 said:
Swansong

The Road

The Angels Are The Reapers

If that's "Swan Song" by Robert McCammon then, yeah, my favourite EVER book.

Also, Stephen King has recently recaptured his form - Under The Dome & 11.22.63 are both superb IMO.

Billy Spurdle said:
Davs 19 said:
Swansong

The Road

The Angels Are The Reapers

If that's "Swan Song" by Robert McCammon then, yeah, my favourite EVER book.

Also, Stephen King has recently recaptured his form - Under The Dome & 11.22.63 are both superb IMO.

It is mate. Probably the only book of it's type I prefer to the Stand.......

Apologies for the erroneous spelling.......bastard IPad ;.)

Raymond.E.Feist.
The Magician.
One hell of a lot of books in the complete series. But if you like things sort of similar to lord of the rings this is for you. Just finished the last book. Took me a few years but been great reading.

MTAM said:
The Kingkiller Chronicle series by Patrick Rothfuss are really good books, only two out so far and one being written at the moment though. A Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin is an excellent series too. Just finishing off The First Law trilogy by Joe Abercrombie at the moment and that's a pretty good read too.

This this this this this this this this this this!!!
The highest ever rated books on goodreads.

Two of the best books I've ever read along side the farseer trilogy and the tawny man trilogy.

Phil Meup said:
The Sisters Brothers by Patrick deWitt is absolutely brilliant IMHO.

Quite short too, should've won the Booker prize.
Only £2 at the Book People!

Didn't enjoy The Road much....

I second this, fantastic book

Catch 22 is just brilliant, Slaughterhouse 5 is short and is a good read.

A really messed up but absolutely brilliant book to read is Time's Arrow by Martin Amis. A description from its wiki page (not a spoiler)

In the reversed version of reality, not only is simple chronology reversed (people become younger, and eventually become children, then babies, and then re-enter their mothers' wombs, where they finally cease to exist) but so is morality. Blows heal injuries, doctors cause them. Theft becomes donation, and vice versa. In a passage about prostitutes, doctors harm them while pimps give them money and heal them

It was shortlisted for a booker prize

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.