Recycling police

Trafford do change the rules every so often and they have decided that they'll only take certain plastics - with others that are clearly marked as recyclable heading straight for landfill or the incinerator.

Trafford's biggest cost a few years back was collection of green waste. To assist I've simply started lobbing this over in to the neighbour's garden

I thought this was going to be about giving old retired coppers their jobs back because they were just whittling their lives away down at the allotment.

Oy, I resemble that remark. Cheeky young upstart.

Trafford do change the rules every so often and they have decided that they'll only take certain plastics - with others that are clearly marked as recyclable heading straight for landfill or the incinerator.

Trafford's biggest cost a few years back was collection of green waste. To assist I've simply started lobbing this over in to the neighbour's garden

Next doors dog keeps grassing me up every time I go out to put stuff in her bin.

Councils need to make it easier to recycle or tip by having segregated bins in public areas. Like bottle banks, which seem to have disappeared round our way.

People who aren’t in residence full time, or are away on the fortnightly collection day, otherwise have an issue. Not everyone can or will drive to the nearest council depot - which is a waste of fuel in any case and another problem for the planet.

In towns with weekenders and second homers, you know the solution to that problem? Cram your bin bag full of assorted shite into a street litter bin, thus attracting vermin and clogging the bins up for everyone else.

I’m a strong supporter of recycling but there needs to be more education and facilitation. It’s not just about punishment.

Last edited:
The Telegraph seem to think that 3 out of 4 councils dump recycling waste straight into landfills anyway, the whole sector needs sorting out it looks like there's a lot of lip service and little actual recycling taking place. We have to start making companies build stuff that's easy to recycle and make recycling easier for the consumer.

Wasn't there a report sometime in the past year or two that claimed UK councils had almost 30 different procedures for plastic recycling?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.