Recycling police

I got an email requesting i dont put recyling items in bags then in the bin , i should put every item in loose , never occured to me i must say but makes sense , trouble is i have so much i have to store it all in bags else it runs riot in the kitchen , i fill the wheely bin every time

Biggest scam going. You have to sort your rubbish so they can reuse the materials and resell it to you again. They should be giving you money for giving them the 'raw material'.

What an absolute crock of shit. I am very keen on recycling, even to the point of picking up cans whilst walking the dog and bringing them home to put in the recycling bin but I haven't got a scooby about plastic. My Council, Trafford, Don't seem to know what plastic can be recycled, at the moment they have said they can only take bottles after years of taking any plastic, BUT, the lids/tops have to go in general rubbish. They also seem to struggle with what is a bottle and what isn't.

Yet another stupid council idea that will be a total waste of time and cost more to implement and encourage fly tipping and general rubbish in the street.
Bang on .
Stop getting the public confused and get a proper machine that can do the fine sorting.

Just been to the tip with the annual new year clear out stuff and the recycling police very much out in force!

Making you open your bin bags and sort the stuff into the separate bins etc.

One woman nearly got chucked out cos she said the cardboard boxes were empty of polystyrene and he made her open them (they were full of polystyrene)

No wonder the queues were 20+ mins to get in!

I got an email requesting i dont put recyling items in bags then in the bin , i should put every item in loose , never occured to me i must say but makes sense , trouble is i have so much i have to store it all in bags else it runs riot in the kitchen , i fill the wheely bin every time
Perhaps you could empty the bags into your wheelie bin and then reuse the smaller bag. Rinse and repeat until the bag wears out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.